Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I didn’t realize that was an option.
    My discount is limited to two items at a time.
    But i can separate the purchases.

That changes the plan for sure.
    Thanks
    Don
    Don,

I bought the 106 (my second one) with the GT54, bought the GT8/36 and sold the GT54. The 2d is much better with the Garmin, and the down/side is equal to my Gen 2 Mega. One benefit is the Vision+ card I bought for the GPS is as good as the Lakemaster cards, and they share from one unit to another. I currently have a Gen2 Mega SI on my console, Mega DI on my bow, and 106's on the bow and console. The 'Birds are 4.5 yrs old. I really feel that if they go out I will replace them with Garmins. My livescope unit up front I generally use to see cover and see if there are fish/bait in an area. I seldom target specific fish. It is still very beneficial. If I were to make another purchase, it would be a PP Move. That thing is about 25lbs. lighter than my Ultrex and the Force. One thing you will notice is a change in performance in your P2. They are so sensitive to weight up front, it really changes the P2's performance characteristics. But the spotlock makes it worthwhile.

2. Member
    Ok
    So if I get two Echomap 106sv (TM and Console)
    What do I need to have DI at the TM, and SI at the console?
    Why do I have to replace the thru hulk transducer?
    MichAngler and 06 SB, you have been a tremendous help with info.

I’m not interested at this time in getting livescope. As I stated, I fish very shallow water. I believe the HB360 may be the better choice of my lakes. We have a few guys with livescope and I was told by them it doesn’t do well in our ahallow lakes.
    Thanks for all the input and continued help.

Don
    I added a 106sv as a livescope only system to the bow this year. It sits along a helix 10 with m360 at the bow.
    Don’t write the LVS off for shallow water . I’m a HB guy but the LVS perspective mode image in 3-4 ft. Of water is amazing.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

3. Member
    Ok
    So if I get two Echomap 106sv (TM and Console)
    What do I need to have DI at the TM, and SI at the console?
    Why do I have to replace the thru hulk transducer?
    MichAngler and 06 SB, you have been a tremendous help with info.

I’m not interested at this time in getting livescope. As I stated, I fish very shallow water. I believe the HB360 may be the better choice of my lakes. We have a few guys with livescope and I was told by them it doesn’t do well in our ahallow lakes.
    Thanks for all the input and continued help.

Don
    With todays mapping, I don't know why to bother with shoot thru xducers to read depth on plane, or really any reason to have one at all. By the time its too shallow its likely also too late. The shoot thru image will always be of lesser quality at any speed.

Live scope in perspective view might be something to look into for shallow water, especially of you have wood, rock or other hard returns.

HB G4 Mega SI and Garmin GT 56 SI produce comparable images, both very clear.

4. Member
    I only use a Garmin GPSMAP 1222 for Livescope because for Texas waters the Garmin limitation of 50 saved tracks and 50000 maximum track-points is too much of a limitation. Especially if the above implies 10000 maximum track-points per track.

And Garmin does not support track-segmentation for a track which would solve the 50 saved tracks limitation.

Texas anglers ever wonder why Vick's Boatlane, Mayne's Guidelane and Martin's GPSLakeMaps products never release Garmin versions or release Garmin versions dead last and lack full features of the Lowrance and HB versions. This is why.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12