Yamaha F150 water pump problem maybe

I had to have some fiberglass work done to my boat and it hasn't been used for about two years. Had the work done and took it out on the water and it wouldn't pee. Took it home and went through all the coolant lines, found the blockage and cleaned it out. Water circulates out the pee hole fine using the flush adapter but wouldn't using muffs. Put it in the water anyway and still doesn't work. Pulled the lower unit and the impeller is melted. I ordered the complete Yamaha kit from Sim Yamaha that comes with everything, housing, washers, lock rings, etc. and installed it tonight. Everything seems pretty straight forward and only goes on one way. I watched several youtube videos and used the parts diagram to make sure everything was put on in order. The only thing I am unsure about is the plastic spacer and metal lock ring. I expected it to "click" when it locked it but it pressed right over the plastic spacer. I tapped it down lightly with a punch until it stopped but did expect it to lock in. Is this correct? Anyhow, when put back together the boat still pees fine with the flush adapter and still doesn't on the muffs but come to think about it I don't think it would ever pee with the muffs, even when new. I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to back the boat into the water and check it. Is there something I need to check before I water test or should I go ahead and back it in?

2. Member
    My F150xb won’t pee on muffs. Bought a100 gal plastic livestock water tank, pee’s every time in the tank.

Back to the lake, you should be fine
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q