Vro pump replacement 99 johnson ???

Just purchased a 99 javelin with a 90hp johnson. Motor has issues running out of fuel. Will stay running if primer bulb is pumped. New line from tank along with primer bulb has been replaced. Local mechanic says vro pump needs replacement. My question is can I replace with regular fuel pump since oiler has been disconnected? This pump is situated between the heads on the motor.

2. Member
    Try the pre-mix VRO replacement pump here: https://maxrules.com/fixomc-no-oil-vro.php. I had to get one for my ‘85 Evinrude 150 XP that I also swapped to mixing oil years ago.

3. Member
    Lol, I was just on that site. My concern was that the old pump was mounted into the motor. I haven't removed it yet to see what's behind it

4. Member
    Another question would be the 4 wire plug, does it just unhook an serve no purpose

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You need the 60* pump from the Master Tech. Not the 90* the pump is mounted to the fuel bracket between the carbs not the heads. He provides a hose and fitting that plugs into the fuel bracket and the pump assembly will connect directly to the engine's fuel bracket.

If the fuel side of the VRO is good, simply cap off the oil inlet, mix the oil with the fuel at 50:1, unhook the 4 wire harness for the pump and the two wire harness for the oil tank and use the fuel side.

6. Member
    Appreciate the information