New 250ATLSS (newest version)

Has anyone gotten a quote to get one of these? I just got one and it was considerably more than anticipated. I heard the pricing was going up from the previous version. This quote was inline with Mercury or Yamaha.

My local dealership quoted me $34K installed!!! I laughed as I hung up the phone.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    My local dealership quoted me $34K installed!!! I laughed as I hung up the phone.
    Why would you put two motors on a bass boat?

LOL. Well, they did say the price was up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    That's twice as much as I paid for my 250SS 6 years ago. Gotta love inflation...
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

5. Member
    I just had a 250SS INSTALLWD FOR 25500 OUT THE DOOR

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gascop View Post
    I just had a 250SS INSTALLWD FOR 25500 OUT THE DOOR
    Will we spend money to fish, or what!!??

7. Member
    Around 22 for me hung on the boat for a 2022 with red trim.

8. Member
    Alright the DTS has been out for a bit. How is it performing compared to the mechanical version? I've heard they are slower than the older mechanical. Thoughts?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Djmrs View Post
    Alright the DTS has been out for a bit. How is it performing compared to the mechanical version? I've heard they are slower than the older mechanical. Thoughts?
    What you call the DTS models, Suzuki calls Suzuki Precision Control or SPC and are designated as AP models except SS which are ATSS.

SPC is now into its second generation called SPC 2.0. Been very reliable since SPC1 was first introduced on the DF300 back in the early 2010’s.

I know for sure that the AP model of the 200 has 10% more torque than the mechanical control model due to having advanced lean burn technology, and the 250AP also has that same lean burn technology and a bunch of other advancements shared with the 300AP, whereas the 250T does not, so fair chance its better in the torque and fuel efficiency department too.

There is a difference in gear ratio between the cable control and SPC so they would have to be propped differently.

The 250T is 2.29:1
    The 250AP is 2.08:1
    The 250ATSS 2.08:1, and is also fly by wire

Get the props right and with the extra torque, I dont see why they would be slower.

Interesting to note that the 250T model isn’t even available any longer here in Australia, only the AP.

10. Member
    I was referring to the fly by wire 250ATSS

11. Member
    So what prop and speeds on y’all’s boats? What brand just curious I found a ranger 520 that needs a motor cheap was thinking about pulling trigger on.