Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2023 ZXR not so dry storage boxes

It's a shame that a brand new boat leaks in the compartments 10x's worse than the 2004 Blazer I had.

2. Member
    Fixable, but I agree that that should have been done at the factory, or dealer, before delivering the boat.

3. Member
    What is the fix? Can I do it myself or do I have to take it back to the dealer?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Fixable, but I agree that that should have been done at the factory, or dealer, before delivering the boat.
    Do tell.

5. Member
    Pour water on your deck lip (or let a low pressure hose run), look for where it leaks. Typically, it’s just a loose screw. Mine stopped simply by tightening the screw, but silicone on the screw would probably be better. If it’s leaking behind the deck (between fiberglass and deck) it may mean separating the deck and resealing. If the boat is under warranty, I’d let the dealer do this.

After my last two outings I’m almost debating getting rid of my skeeter bc of how bad my compartments leak. I might as well leave my lids open during a downpour. That’s how bad it is.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    There are days I would just assume have a solid deck with no compartments. My old ‘96 Hydrosport was the driest boat I ever owned

8. Member
    First thing to do is to tighten the lid latch cams until they pull the lids tightly closed. This will solve 90% of your water problem. Skeeter should do this but they don't. Should be a dealer prep item, but I doubt any do. I went over with my dealer and it's on his prep list now.

Tighten all the screws in the deck support frames. T20 Torx and a 5/16 wrench and socket. Skeeter should have, but most likely
    not.

My 2020 leaked badly when I got it. For all purposes, no leaks now.

If your dealer is handy, and a new boat, I'd get him to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    First thing to do is to tighten the lid latch cams until they pull the lids tightly closed. This will solve 90% of your water problem. Skeeter should do this but they don't. Should be a dealer prep item, but I doubt any do. I went over with my dealer and it's on his prep list now.

Tighten all the screws in the deck support frames. T20 Torx and a 5/16 wrench and socket. Skeeter should have, but most likely
    not.

I believe in 2022 or 2023 the ZXR20 and 21 have glassed decks.

10. Member
    My 2023 ZXR 20 has 3 compartments that leak pretty bad. After a hard rain (carpet soaked) I opened up all of the compartments to help drying things out. What I observed was, as the carpet drained, water was dripping from the welded joint on the lip of the three wet compartments. Basically all water runs off the carpet onto the aluminum deck, and the deck is not properly sealed (completely). The actual compartment lids seal nice and tight but the aluminum deck and attachments are not water tight. With no dealer close, I think I’ll try and seal and tighten as many screws I can get at, and cross my fingers. I’m afraid that the deck assembly itself was not properly sealed at the factory and is simply poor manufacturing technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Yep, I looked at this after another member suggested it and it’s not the same deck as mine.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

And I take back what I said about selling mine, that was right after I had pulled everything out to air dry and I was pissed off
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    And I take back what I said about selling mine, that was right after I had pulled everything out to air dry and I was pissed off
    I am with you. After I clean everything out and let it dry I say I’m selling and getting a Phoenix but that’s doesn’t last long.
    A 2023 year model boat leaks with any amount of rain and the 2004 blazer I sold never leaked and it was in some serious down pours.

I am a Skeeter fan but they really need to address this issue moving forward. It's an excessive amount that leaks through in some boats. Only the rod compartments it seems.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post

not.

I just tightened up the T20 screws and the lids are pretty tight, not sure if it’s from being so new and carpet still not formed completely. I don’t think the water is running over the lips under the lids.

16. Member
    I had dealer address this issue this spring on my 22 ZXR21, lifted aluminum deck system and resealed.

17. Member
    Mark, I thought the 2022 and 2023 models have the traditional one big center box instead of the team series deck that the 2021 model had....with all 3 year models still having the aluminum deck. The only model that has the fiberglass deck is the 2023 ZXR19

18. Member
    I am a Skeeter fan but they really need to address this issue moving forward. It's an excessive amount that leaks through in some boats. Only the rod compartments it seems.
    My port rod leaker leaks some in the bottom aft left section when rains...pisses me off. Comes in from the floor
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkeith View Post
    Mark, I thought the 2022 and 2023 models have the traditional one big center box instead of the team series deck that the 2021 model had....with all 3 year models still having the aluminum deck. The only model that has the fiberglass deck is the 2023 ZXR19
    My 2023 zxr20 has the one big box on the front deck.
    The only box that doesn’t leak on my is the day box on the passenger side of the boat behind the rod box.

20. Member
    It’s really an issue and needs to be addressed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast