3/4" Seat Base pin - spring vs no spring

Noticed most replacement seat bases for 3/4" have a spring around the pin. The oem bases in my Skeeter do not have the spring. Not sure if one is preferred over the other - is there any reason not to get the springed version? Just a cost saving deal from Skeeter maybe?

2. Member
    Every one with the spring I’ve ever dealt with cried and creaked every time I turn the seat.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

Well shoot, I ordered the spring version lol. I guess I can try it, if it's a squeak-monster I will just send it back.

Trying the Millinium B-200, I have the Palma but sometimes miss just being able to sit and relax fish for a bit on long days - especially when my bad back starts aching.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Well shoot, I ordered the spring version lol. I guess I can try it, if it's a squeak-monster I will just send it back.

Trying the Millinium B-200, I have the Palma but sometimes miss just being able to sit and relax fish for a bit on long days - especially when my bad back starts aching.
    If I'm no mistaken, you can just take the spring off I know I have in the past.

5. Member
    If you have the pneumatic posts, you don’t need the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    If you have the pneumatic posts, you don’t need the spring.
    doh didn't even think of this... have pnematic on front/leaner, but not on the back which is a short post and seat.

I bought it for a Millinium B-200 seat so would have been on the short post, but decided I didn't like the seat and returned it. So guess I can put it on my oem Skeeter seat, although I never use it. Or I could return it as well I suppose.

Acutally I think I'll return it as well, they sent me the wrong one anyway.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 05-23-2023 at 01:30 PM.