F. Y. I. ongoing issue

I just changed my motor oil and filter, 200DF 2021. I looked at my record, (written inside the engine cowling) and saw I hadn't changed the L/U oil in a year. I drained the L/U and it LOOKS like only about 8 to 10 ounces came out.. It was black, but didn't stink burnt and didn't have any brass or steel in it, just a tiny amount of fuzz on the magnetic plug.
    I put about a quart back in, until it came out of the top plug. Had a tournament yesterday, all normal, I'll keep an eye on it and keep us informed if anything happens. I did have one issue with line aroud the prop shaft a couple of months ago.
    Hope there are no issues.

2. Member
    Definitely keep a close eye on it Bill.

Did you put new washers on both top and lower plugs?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Definitely keep a close eye on it Bill.

Did you put new washers on both top and lower plugs?
    No I didn't have any. Both appeared in good shape, I'll double check my supplies to see if I have any. There was no water in the oil. If I don't have any I'll order some for when I check it. I'm concerned but not worried. I wonder if the line around the prop caused a leak. I'll order two prop shaft seals, they're not too hard to change if you get lucky.
    Next trick will be to get two pints of 90Wt. and change it again.

4. Member
    How did you make out in the tournament? Are they club tournaments or open?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    How did you make out in the tournament? Are they club tournaments or open?
    Upper Bay out of Havre de Gras. I hate those waters. Last time we came in second. This time I caught ONE keeper bass. Friday I fished Marshyhope Creek out of Federalsburg. I caught 4 Maryland (15") keepers in 5 hours. Too bad I didn't have fish like that up there. Club tournament. http://neveronsunday.org/