Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    The grass has come back in a huge huge way this year on Pickwick. That lake needed it too, hopefully it helps the fish rebound.
    How is the fishing on Pickwick? I haven't heard good things but I don't know the extent of it. I haven't been this year. Glad to hear there is good grass.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberOne View Post
    How is the fishing on Pickwick? I haven't heard good things but I don't know the extent of it. I haven't been this year. Glad to hear there is good grass.
    It's been pretty bad this year for the most part. Definitely not good like it has been the last several years.

We just fished the Minn Kota/Humminbird Owners tournament. I pre-fished Thursday and Friday. I got there Thursday afternoon and they had some decent current rolling. I went scanning and found several schools, would make one cast and catch one and leave. Broke one giant off too.

Friday no current and scanning a different section of the lake I still found several schools, but they would not bite anything at all. This made me pretty worried for the weekend

The first day of the tournament Saturday we went to the best school I found and where I broke the big one off. Again no current at all. We fished that spot hard and caught one 2lb keeper and some short fish. Bounced around to all the other schools and couldn't buy a bite.

Sunday we said screw the ledges and just went shallow. Caught some fish, but just no size.

Pickwick has took a big hit, and is kind of following along the same path as KY Lake. Last year down there I saw little to no grass. This year though it's everywhere, so that is a very promising sign I hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12