Thread: Great question

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Great question

If you could stop a person from raping a child, would you?

2. Member
    Why wouldn't I?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    If you could stop a person from raping a child, would you?
    Unless you are a total loser, it goes without saying that you would stop it.

As a warning, please let us not regurgitate the catholic church issues of yesteryear over again. Thank you for understanding.

4. Member
    Of course, because I answer to the higher power, who has set in place a moral compass.

But to those who choose to not answer to the higher power, who sets the "moral rules?" Would it not change from society to society and if some society deems it okay, then it would be okay?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer View Post
    Of course, because I answer to the higher power, who has set in place a moral compass.

But to those who choose to not answer to the higher power, who sets the "moral rules?" Would it not change from society to society and if some society deems it okay, then it would be okay?
    Have the moral rules, set by God, changed since back in the old days?

6. Member
    No, they have not.

Malachi 3:6-10

For I am the Lord, I change not: therefore you sons of Jacob are not consumed. Even from the days of your fathers are you gone away from my ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, said the Lord of hosts.

Hebrews 13: 8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 05-19-2023 at 01:52 PM.

This makes me think of and old saying I heard many years ago. "Fifty million people can say a wrong thing and it's still a wrong thing". There is a least that many saying wrong things as if they are right every day now (at least in America).

8. Banned

Did God's moral rules apply to Moses, back in the day?

9. Member
    Yep - he did not follow God's instructions and was penalized for it.

The great thing is that that anyone can receive God's forgiveness and become righteous in His sight.

10. Member
    Did God's moral rules apply to Moses, back in the day?
    As to which part of Moses' life are you talking about? since there were many stumbles, yet, God called him His servent, which is an honor very few will ever achieve.

11. Banned
    Yep - he did not follow God's instructions and was penalized for it.

The great thing is that that anyone can receive God's forgiveness and become righteous in His sight.
    How did he disobey, and what was his penalty?

12. Member
    How did he disobey, and what was his penalty?
    God asked Moses to speak to the rock, but Moses in his anger stuck the rock, though God was merciful that He still provided water.

Moses was not allowed to enter into the promised land, though he was allowed to see it from the other side of Jordan, and Joshua was empowered by Moses to take the Hebrews into the promised land.
    God told Moses to prepare himself and go up to mount Nebo where he died at 120yrs old in his full strength, and God buried him there. To some that may seem like punishment, yet I would say sign me up for such an honor.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    God asked Moses to speak to the rock, but Moses in his anger stuck the rock, though God was merciful that He still provided water.

Moses was not allowed to enter into the promised land, though he was allowed to see it from the other side of Jordan, and Joshua was empowered by Moses to take the Hebrews into the promised land.
    God told Moses to prepare himself and go up to mount Nebo where he died at 120yrs old in his full strength, and God buried him there. To some that may seem like punishment, yet I would say sign me up for such an honor.
    Am I correct in saying there was a few things worse than striking a rock, such as directing the slaughter of tens of thousands of people, including babies, and elderly? Collecting war booty, directing his army to keep the virgin girls for "yourselves". Would you say that your moral standards are higher than Moses?

14. Member
    Am I correct in saying there was a few things worse than striking a rock, such as directing the slaughter of tens of thousands of people, including babies, and elderly? Collecting war booty, directing his army to keep the virgin girls for "yourselves". Would you say that your moral standards are higher than Moses?
    Moses was punished for disobeying God.

A common theme of your posts is second guessing God.

My goal is to serve Him and trust Him understanding completely that He is the Creator. His ways are higher than my ways.......and yours also.

Every question you have ever posed on the forum is answered in God's Holy Word spelled Bible.

In the past you complained that all I did was quote scripture. This scripture that you seemed to want to avoid is my road map to Heaven and I do my very best through guidance of the Holy Spirit to follow it. Do I fail? Of course but my Savior is faithful and just to forgive me when I confess my sins, repent, and seek His guidance.

You never directly answered my question as to whether you have confessed your sins, repented, and asked for forgiveness inviting Christ into your heart as Lord and Savior. And don't give me that vague answer about a pastor long ago " asking me some questions and I gave an affirmative answer".
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

15. Member
    Rex,
    You have played this game before with the same questions in some attempt to show that you have some superior morality.
    If you have real questions which could truly improve the lives of others, please present them to the forum, otherwise please keep your useless reiterated tirade for some other place.

Thank you

16. Member

The reason God told the people to kill and let not their eye spare was they were a perverse nation,and of course some of the ones to be killed were spared,and many generations later their offspring are still here with us,still causing the same issues they did way back then.

17. Member
    Robby.
    Obviously you may not have read my reply to Rex above, which the same questions he has tried to exploit even after the proper answers were give with references. Every few months, he tries his foolishness of subtly trying to recycle the same questions with an attempt to undermine scripture. Some thought that he was truly seeking guidance, but it is obvious that he has no interest in learning anything we have offered.

I try to overlook his foolishness in hope that perhaps something may stick, but his attitude toward God seems to suggest otherwise.

18. Member
    Can you please post your verses used when asking questions. Happy to study and find an answer together :)
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Can you please post your verses used when asking questions. Happy to study and find an answer together :)
    Numbers 31:14-18
    Last edited by rexico; 05-22-2023 at 02:59 AM.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Robby.
    Obviously you may not have read my reply to Rex above, which the same questions he has tried to exploit even after the proper answers were give with references. Every few months, he tries his foolishness of subtly trying to recycle the same questions with an attempt to undermine scripture. Some thought that he was truly seeking guidance, but it is obvious that he has no interest in learning anything we have offered.

I try to overlook his foolishness in hope that perhaps something may stick, but his attitude toward God seems to suggest otherwise.
    Something very well may stick. You are my mentor for how the Lord works in peoples life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast