Thread: Great question

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Thanks Rex. Have you looked into the history between the midianites and israelites? Check out genesis 37, numbers 25 to help clarify why israel sought revenge against the midianites.
    also, do you think saving the virgins via marriage rather than killing them was a mercy? They obviously couldn't release them into the desert to starve. Good talk and hope your knee is doing better
    Why do you think mercy was only given to virgin girls?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    God keeps it handy.

on Judgement Day you will know if your name is in it.
    How did you find out about the lamb's book?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    How did you find out about the lamb's book?
    By reading Revelation 21:27.

It is also spoken of in sermons.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    Why do you think mercy was only given to virgin girls?
    Pretend you were at war with a nation that wanted to wipe you out.
    1. For the already married women, how would they react to the israelites?
    2. for the pregnant women, how would the women and future children react to the israelites?
    3. for young unmarried girls, would they react the same way?
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Was it ok to have several wives back in the day?
    You haven't changed. We answer questions and correct your misunderstandings, yet you only ask more questions, while not trying to find truth. I will happily answer for the next guys that read this, but you will have NO excuse when you stand before God, Rex.

to answer, God calls for one wife and one husband. Just because some people in the Bible had more than one wife, doesn't mean God commanded it. Which verse are you talking about that shows multiple wives?

6. Member
    Were the Midianites a race of people, a relegion, or a geographical location?
    Is he USA a race of people, a religion, or a geographical location? if you can answer this, you should not have a problem answering your own question.

Pretend you were at war with a nation that wanted to wipe you out.
    1. For the already married women, how would they react to the israelites?
    2. for the pregnant women, how would the women and future children react to the israelites?
    3. for young unmarried girls, would they react the same way?
    #3 sounds like child rape is okay in certain situations. And we agreed it’s wrong in earlier posts.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    #3 sounds like child rape is okay in certain situations. And we agreed it’s wrong in earlier posts.
    Explain how #3 endorses child rape. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't being irrational. help me, help you :)

9. Member

Explain how #3 endorses child rape. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't being irrational. help me, help you :)

Kill a girl’s family, take her as your property and make her your ‘wife’. Pretty clear.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

11. Member
    Kill a girl’s family, take her as your property and make her your ‘wife’. Pretty clear.
    You are making the assumption the this girl is a minor, that we should revert thousands of yrs and judge things we have no idea why they were done during yrs of war between citadels, and those women had objection of been taken has wives.
    Perhaps you are not aware, or you just wish not to admit of such things, that in many muslim countries, warring warlords practice these same actions today, and wives are the husband's property.

Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    You are making the assumption the this girl is a minor, that we should revert thousands of yrs and judge things we have no idea why they were done during yrs of war between citadels, and those women had objection of been taken has wives.
    Perhaps you are not aware, or you just wish not to admit of such things, that in many muslim countries, warring warlords practice these same actions today, and wives are the husband's property.
    I don’t support them either. Nor will I makes excuses for their behavior.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

13. Member
    Did the israelites just "kill a girl's family", etc? You know that is deceitful and a lie. This enemy nation was not innocent. Should the Israelites have killed the 32,000 "young girls who hadn't known a man"? Would you rather they took them as wives and took care of them according to the Law, or kill them by sword? Maybe release them into the desert to starve?

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Is he USA a race of people, a religion, or a geographical location? if you can answer this, you should not have a problem answering your own question.
    Your example of the USA is just my question. As evil as America is today, aren't the some good people? Do we all need killing, and virgins
    taken? Surly there were a handful of descent people back in the day.

15. Member
    Your example of the USA is just my question. As evil as America is today, aren't the some good people? Do we all need killing, and virgins
    taken? Surly there were a handful of descent people back in the day.
    Interestingly enough, your handful of "decent people", conforming with generally accepted standards of respectable, which may be in no way acceptable to God just as Abraham tried to use the same discussion about Sodom and Gomorrah.
    What is your point of trying to adopt what you consider today's standard to individual countries at war 4000+ yrs ago? when you are ignoring what is going on in many countries today practicing what you consider unacceptable?

If you are truly against those things which you claim to be, why aren't you protesting in front of the chinese embassy? or the Iranian, or the Mexican, or the North Korean, or the Pakistani, or the Indian, etc??

16. Member
    Bullseye!
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

17. Member
    Am I correct in saying there was a few things worse than striking a rock, such as directing the slaughter of tens of thousands of people, including babies, and elderly? Collecting war booty, directing his army to keep the virgin girls for "yourselves". Would you say that your moral standards are higher than Moses?
    5 days since you have answered our questions, so I assume you are clear that you misunderstood scripture. Glad we took the time to clarify :) on to the next issue, Rex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123