Thread: Great question

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Moses was punished for disobeying God.

A common theme of your posts is second guessing God.

My goal is to serve Him and trust Him understanding completely that He is the Creator. His ways are higher than my ways.......and yours also.

Every question you have ever posed on the forum is answered in God's Holy Word spelled Bible.

In the past you complained that all I did was quote scripture. This scripture that you seemed to want to avoid is my road map to Heaven and I do my very best through guidance of the Holy Spirit to follow it. Do I fail? Of course but my Savior is faithful and just to forgive me when I confess my sins, repent, and seek His guidance.

You never directly answered my question as to whether you have confessed your sins, repented, and asked for forgiveness inviting Christ into your heart as Lord and Savior. And don't give me that vague answer about a pastor long ago " asking me some questions and I gave an affirmative answer".
    Yes on question #1 Yes on question #2 Plain enough?

2. Banned

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    As to which part of Moses' life are you talking about? since there were many stumbles, yet, God called him His servent, which is an honor very few will ever achieve.
    Numbers 31: 14-18 especially #18 ......an honor very few will ever achieve.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Yes on question #1 Yes on question #2 Plain enough?

The Bible tells us we will know a tree by its fruit.

I pray you are sincere but it really doesn't matter what I think only that your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Member
    Numbers 31:14-18
    Thanks Rex. Have you looked into the history between the midianites and israelites? Check out genesis 37, numbers 25 to help clarify why israel sought revenge against the midianites.
    also, do you think saving the virgins via marriage rather than killing them was a mercy? They obviously couldn't release them into the desert to starve. Good talk and hope your knee is doing better
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Read the entire chapter and follow what God instructed to do based on their worship of idols.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Thanks Rex. Have you looked into the history between the midianites and israelites? Check out genesis 37, numbers 25 to help clarify why israel sought revenge against the midianites.
    also, do you think saving the virgins via marriage rather than killing them was a mercy? They obviously couldn't release them into the desert to starve. Good talk and hope your knee is doing better
    Knee doing great, thanks for asking. So a question I might ask... do you think the virgins were kept for what was best for them individually, or for sexual purposes?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Read the entire chapter and follow what God instructed to do based on their worship of idols.
    Were the Midianites a race of people, a relegion, or a geographical location?

9. Banned
    I haven’t look into this exact text concerning numbers that u posted but so many times in the Bible like Jonah ,god told him to go to Nineveh and to warn them to stop following other gods and follow him ,Paraphrasing clearly. Because he wanted them to follow him , and with that they weren’t the only ones struggling to listen cause Jonah wasn’t listening to well either . But by the end of it they had turned from other gods and believe in the one true god . So he showed them mercy and didn’t destroy them , but then years later they turned their back on god again and god did what he said he would do , he destroyed them . So from other areas in the Bible god typically doesn’t just destroy and kill for no reason and like in this story he did show mercy before they turned their backs on him again .

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    The Bible tells us we will know a tree by its fruit.

I pray you are sincere but it really doesn't matter what I think only that your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
    Is there really a Lamb's Book of Life? If so, where would I find it?

11. Member
    God keeps it handy.

on Judgement Day you will know if your name is in it.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

12. Member
    Something very well may stick. You are my mentor for how the Lord works in peoples life.
    If I am your mentor as you state, I must be doing a very bad job, since though so much has been given you have learned very little based on your current postings.
    If you really wish to learn from me, you would put your life in the hands of God in full faith that He will provide and take care of you even during your most challenging time even during cancer.

13. Member
    Knee doing great, thanks for asking. So a question I might ask... do you think the virgins were kept for what was best for them individually, or for sexual purposes?
    The men married them, so it was better than dying in the desert. This would lead us to look at how God called men to treat their wives, then you would see it wasn't a bad deal for them

The men married them, so it was better than dying in the desert. This would lead us to look at how God called men to treat their wives, then you would see it wasn't a bad deal for them
    Rape and enslavement are the best alternatives the Bible is offering? Yikes.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Can you post the actual verses that support your pretentious accusation? and perhaps you or one of your friends can offer us with alternatives to the current human trafficking that is going on South of the Border. I am positive that once you put all of your genius minds together the world crises will be solved.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Where did the Bible say they were raped or enslaved? You don't want to be known as a liar or lose credibility by making false claims, do you? Are you wanting truth, or to try and make God look bad?

17. Member
    Why are you so consumed with Numbers, since if you knew anything about its intent in its time frame, it was meant for the Hebrews and their time of war against other totally corrupt nations.
    There is no application in it that encompasses the gentiles.

BTW, do not cut and paste my reply to fit your idiotic purpose, since it does not reflect the original reply.

18. Member
    Rex….Gods wrath is justified and perfect no matter what we may think. We must accept the past as it occurred (in Gods Word) and consider that Gods wrath will occur on the world again soon. Its easy to see how God has turned America over to depraved minds. We are all deserving of His wrath; however, if we repent of our sins and believe that Christ is our Redeemer, we will be saved from destruction. He died on the cross, was buried, and rose again on the third day in all power and might. Accept His grace. It is a free gift to those who believe.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    Rex….Gods wrath is justified and perfect no matter what we may think. We must accept the past as it occurred (in Gods Word) and consider that Gods wrath will occur on the world again soon. Its easy to see how God has turned America over to depraved minds. We are all deserving of His wrath; however, if we repent of our sins and believe that Christ is our Redeemer, we will be saved from destruction. He died on the cross, was buried, and rose again on the third day in all power and might. Accept His grace. It is a free gift to those who believe.

20. Banned
    Was it ok to have several wives back in the day?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast