Thread: HDS Pro

HDS Pro

Anyone upgraded to HDS PRO yet? I currently have a Carbon 12 on bow with Active Target 1. I DO NOT plan to run AT2 at any point in the near future, but was thinking of adding a 2nd graph and wondered if the PRO would add any real benefits to my Active Target 1 vs the Carbon its hooked to now.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

2. Member
    I got 2 Pro 10's on the boat, need to get out and use them now. Want to get a third to replace the Live 9 up front.

3. Member
    I don’t think you will see much of a difference using an AT on a HDS pro. Unless you plan on running the new side imaging transducer keep what you have.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

Agreed, since AT workload is handled by it's own module, the improved processing power of the Pro or Live really should not make much of a difference. The Carbon and Live displays are pretty much identical, the Pro has something called "Solarmax" Display - not sure exactly what that is, but resolution, viewing angle and nits (brightness capabilities, essentially) are identical to the previous units.

From reviews so far it seems the Pro line isn't bringing much extra to the table yet, but that may change with future updates...

There is absolutely no need to get the Pro until they sort out their software issues. Hang on and wait.

6. Member
    I upgraded to a Pro and AT2. The AT2 was flawless with my old Live-9. With the Pro it’s buggy as hell. Every time I’d change the down or forward range it would freeze up. The only way to unfreeze it most times was to disconnect the power cord from the Pro.

That said, AT2 is better in shallow water. The extra range and hotter target appearance is a step up. The HD 2-in-1 ducer is a nice improvement in SideScan. DownScan - there’s weird pixelation in shallow water.

7. Member
    There is no issues with the HDS Pros software its all in the AT2 boxes. I was out 2 days ago had the stop n go on the dual 180 view so just ran one for a while no issues. Next day ran the Scout Wide view for 8 hrs zero issues on the stop and go screen. The one thing that surprises me is how detailed the HDS 16 screen is over the HDS 12. The detail on AT2 was superb the range was great mostly run it at 70ft forward but did 100Ft for a while was good but unnecessary for what I was doing; The Scout wide is fantastic in shallow water was in 6 to 10 feet all day and was looking out around the boat 80 ft zero issue. Worked very well in Hydrilla could see the laydowns, stumps and movement through weed trails in 6ft of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    There is no issues with the HDS Pros software its all in the AT2 boxes. I was out 2 days ago had the stop n go on the dual 180 view so just ran one for a while no issues. Next day ran the Scout Wide view for 8 hrs zero issues on the stop and go screen. The one thing that surprises me is how detailed the HDS 16 screen is over the HDS 12. The detail on AT2 was superb the range was great mostly run it at 70ft forward but did 100Ft for a while was good but unnecessary for what I was doing; The Scout wide is fantastic in shallow water was in 6 to 10 feet all day and was looking out around the boat 80 ft zero issue. Worked very well in Hydrilla could see the laydowns, stumps and movement through weed trails in 6ft of water.
    So if i were to upgrade to a new graph just for the sole purpose of running active target, a 16" screen would be a better upgrade for me using AT1 then? If thats the case, I would probably be able to find a deal on a Live 16 possibly.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    So if i were to upgrade to a new graph just for the sole purpose of running active target, a 16" screen would be a better upgrade for me using AT1 then? If thats the case, I would probably be able to find a deal on a Live 16 possibly.

if you plan on split screening the 16, you’ll be disappointed. Way too much dead space on the graph, while on the AT page in split. If you’re just running it on full screen, it’s nice. Just want to warn you on the split part though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    if you plan on split screening the 16, you’ll be disappointed. Way too much dead space on the graph, while on the AT page in split. If you’re just running it on full screen, it’s nice. Just want to warn you on the split part though.
    No, i wouldnt split. I would use my Carbon 12 for mapping and the new one for AT. The 12 Lives are on sale pretty cheap right now. I am just thinking I will get one of those and just run two 12's on the bow. If the 16 was a huge game changer for clarity, I may would consider it for AT. Right now the 12" screen seems pretty dang good on full.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

No, i wouldnt split. I would use my Carbon 12 for mapping and the new one for AT. The 12 Lives are on sale pretty cheap right now. I am just thinking I will get one of those and just run two 12's on the bow. If the 16 was a huge game changer for clarity, I may would consider it for AT. Right now the 12" screen seems pretty dang good on full.
    I have a 12 and 16 up front. I use the 12 for AT and the 16 for multiple screens. I have used the 16 for AT. There is no clarity difference. The images are just bigger. If you did yse the 16 for multi screens with AT you can adjust the box size in certain screens to make AT fill it nicely.
    I like my 16 but I see nothing wrong with dual 12 either. The 16 uses about 1 amp more power

12. Member
    YEs as I first discovered the resolution on my AT 1 waiting for my AT 2 to show up. Go look at the Specs between 12 and 16 I had 12 lives and thought the image was great but never compared it to the 16 until I used it and it was a noticeable increase in clarity and the only difference was the screen resolution.
    Last edited by Basshopper; 05-18-2023 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks for the replies!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752