Rear trailer tires rubbing inner fender

I've noticed my rear tires are rubbing the inner fender board on my 2009 ranger tandem trailer. The axles on this trailer are tde 35
    Any suggestions on what to do to fix this issue?

2. Member
    You better do something I had one disintegrate shortly after that started. Have you changed tire size or rims?

3. Member
    My fiberglass fenders started to sag a little, causing similar rub. I placed flat washer on each lug as a spacer, b/n hub and wheel, stopped rubbing.

4. Member
    It sounds like the axle beam has come apart inside, the TDE axles seem to only last about 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by jatkins1981 View Post
    I've noticed my rear tires are rubbing the inner fender board on my 2009 ranger tandem trailer. The axles on this trailer are tde 35
    Any suggestions on what to do to fix this issue?
    Most have very little clearance to start with. I had one that the inner board had warped with time.
    Might be time to replace or figure some way to put a brace between the inner board and outer fender.
    Side note--- most newer trailers have replaced the board with some type of plastic or fiberglass... Not all the plastic ones are straight to start with

6. Member
    If they are original then I suggest you replace the axles with new.
    There was welding issues on that line back in the day. Only visible when the road armor is peeled away.

Are they still oil filled?
    New hubs will be Vortex grease filled.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    If they are original then I suggest you replace the axles with new.
    There was welding issues on that line back in the day. Only visible when the road armor is peeled away.

Are they still oil filled?
    New hubs will be Vortex grease filled.
    I got rid of the oil bath years ago , went with vault, welds are all good for the axle mounting brackets. It seems the boards have warped so I'm going to replace them.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    You better do something I had one disintegrate shortly after that started. Have you changed tire size or rims?
    I switched to a 17x6.5 wheel, tire size is the equivalent of my 14 inch tires. Went with a 1 inch wheel spacer, issue is resolved now.

9. Member
    When my buddy’s TDE axle started rubbing the inner fender, it was the axle beam coming apart inside. He’s on his 3rd or 4th axle on his 06 trailer.