Question Do any crappie fishers ever use shallow water anchors?

Hello crappie fishers! For those of you who have Talon/Raptor/Power Pole shallow water anchors installed on your boats, do you ever use them? This is more of a curiosity than a desire to buy any; I just see lots of boats with them, but even when fishing for crappie in shallow water, I never see crappie fishers use them. I may have seen bass fishers use them once or twice.

2. Member
    I don't have them but could see them being useful when fish shallow during the spawn.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

3. Member
    Yes, I use them more then I would've thought. I have power poles with the drift paddles. While fishing with wind they are a game changer. They slow everything down and help you with boat control while targeting fish. Occasionally I am able to use them as anchors from time to time but mostly for boat control with wind.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2013 Ranger Z520c w/Yamaha SHO 250

4. Member
    Popular on Okeechobee

5. Member
    I can see that, although I might catch only 1 chance per year to fish that shallow. I keep some anchors on a rope just in case. Unfortunately, the combination of spawn, weather, work, and kids' activities would likely prevent me from using them more than once per year.

6. Member
    Drift paddles--now, using power poles for drift control is definitely an idea that I didn't realize existed. Thanks for the idea! However, my bank account may not thank you.

7. Member
    I have 2 12 foot Talons on my Basscat. I fish mostly shallow, 10 foot or less. I started with one but if you have any wind or current you swing a lot. Added a second one and they are the cats a_ _ the way I fish. They are quiet and hold you where you want to be. I fish a lot of crappies in the spring and not having to manually put an anchor down and pull it up is a plus for me. I also fish bass is shallow water too working shore lines, pads or stickups. Nice to his the remote on the deck or remote around your neck and you are pinned. They are also great for launching your boat and holding the boat while you get your trailer. Expensive, yes but well worth it in my opinion.