Question about bogging down

At the end of last summer I noticed that my motor would bogg down when accelerating. This happened around last September. I carried to dealer and even though under warranty I paid dearly for them to run diagnostics And they found nothing wrong. I have probably put ten to fifteen hours on motor since then and last few trips it’s has started doing again. Motor hesitates for a few seconds then acts fine. Last run Saturday it done it off the get go and took 15 seconds to get right. Thought I wasn’t gonna make it to weight in. I run mr weeds cocktail in every tank since day one. Last spring replaced all fuel filters, which dealer checked when I took to them about problem. Only problem I’ve had this far with this motor is trim motor went out. Could someone please lead me in the right direction please. Thanks.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

2. Member
    Is there any way to draw a fluid sample from the lowest part of the gas tank? Do this on your driveway after the boat has been sitting level overnight. Your symptoms sound exactly like mine when water was in the gas but would only bog the motor after it was agitated (trailering) and primarily when accelerating hard as the water level was below the pickup. (yes, I had a fuel water filter installed and it still happened). I'm not saying this is your issue but obviously, it's either your gas or your motor. Just something to check.
    MY Engine Serial Number : 2B411498

3. Member
    I had same problem. Changed spark plugs/fuel filter/and went to the 10-30 oil. Dealer had been using 25/40 . Runs better than new . 2019 v8. 2b636409. Look forward to see what mr weeds thoughts are.
    Last edited by framer; 05-17-2023 at 11:46 AM.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Eric- please correct your serial number in your signature. It's 2B590181.

I would start with the fuel filter. It should be done as an ANNUAL maintenance item.

Have you replaced the spark plugs yet? I see you've passed the 200 hr mark... what are the total engine hours now?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor