Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Truck tire recommendations

Needing tires for my 2017 GMC Sierra 305/55/20 currently have Nitto Terra Grappler G2 with 69,000 miles there’s plenty of tread left but are getting very dangerous on wet pavement especially pulling the boat. I can get a set of Toyo AT/2 for $1300 mounted and balanced The new Toyo AT/3 are quite a bit more. So was does the BBC crowd recommend Thanks !!

2. Member
    I know what tires I like best, but the cost is way higher. Honestly for that size tire, take the deal and run with the Toyo at2’s. Anything I’d suggest is at least 400 a tire. Even if you go to a 33x12.5x20 they are all pricey.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

3. Member
    Thats a really good price for a set, make sure of the manufacture date. Anything else is going to run $1600+.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

4. Member
    We have the Toyo AT3 on our 4runner, can't say enough good about them, you live in IL they are 3 peak mountain snow flake rated spend the little extra you won't regret it. BTW Toyo and Nitto are owned by the same company so think Cadillac Escalade vs Chevy Tahoe.

5. Banned
    For me tires are important especially in wet conditions nothing will protect on ice as okhawg mention manufacturing date is important sounds like you got a deal going peace of mind also helps

6. Member
    Michelin

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    Michelin

8. Member
    I have ran Toyo Open Country CT for the last 10 years. They wear longer than anything I have tried on my 250s. But expensive

9. Member
    Getting Toyo Open Country AT 3's installed today on our FJ. Prices were "reasonable" for 265/70-17. But, man, when you go up to a 20" wheel, or Rim as we say here on BBC, the prices go thru the roof!!!
    Last edited by djb750; 05-17-2023 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Grammar and syntact
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

10. Member
    1500 or 2500?

I've ran a ton of different brands, and I'm a big fan of Falken Wildpeak ATs.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Member
    Tried most of them. Toyo AT 3 on my truck currently. So far I’m impressed

https://continentaltire.com/tires/terraincontact-at

Continental tires are very highly rated.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

14. Member
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers are terrible. Loud for an A/T tire, horrible wet traction. Usually had to put it in 4wd to accel from a stop light on a slight incline.

Current truck has Falken Wildpeak AT-3. Great tire so far.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers are terrible. Loud for an A/T tire, horrible wet traction. Usually had to put it in 4wd to accel from a stop light on a slight incline.

Had Ridge Grapplers on my previous Tundra right when they came out around 2018ish, literally the first one around here with a set now every other truck I see has them. They almost caused me to go off the side of a mountain on a road that just got a little misting rain enough to get it wet. Tires were about half worn I was going down that curvy hill with ABS kicking in and out, me using shift mode to slow the truck down without having to use anymore brakes than I had to because they just weren't cutting it. I kept my eye on every guardrail thinking I might just have to slide along one vs tumbling down a cliff. That was one of the scariest moments in my driving history but luckily I made it to the bottom of the hill and my shorts weren't soiled yet. Will never own another set just like you said taking off from a stop light was like driving on ice no matter how easy to took off. They look cool but they suck and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to justify their purchase of the "cool kid tire" hell I had to use 4wd in my friend's wet flat yard that I parked in. I run Trail Grapplers on my truck now but have the Toyo AT3 on our 4runner, I mentioned them earlier in the thread but forgot to mention that their wet road traction is awesome!!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post

For the price I would say Falken Wildpeak AT-3 are great tires. I'm on my second set on my truck and they have been pretty good. Certainly are better tires out there but since I drive my truck so little, I go for the economy option.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

I've always ran Toyo Open Country MT and AT's but I couldn't find them when we bought our new Jeep. I had Fuel Gripper MT tires put on and have been extremely impressed.

https://www.fueloffroad.com/gripper-tires/truck/
    Last edited by BalsaBee; 05-17-2023 at 11:15 AM.

18. Member
    BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2

On my 2nd set. First set got 92,000 miles over 6.5 years.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...rain+T%2FA+KO2
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    1500 or 2500?

20. Member
    I'll second the Wildpeaks in load range E (they also make an F).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast