Daiwa Steez Power Pitch Rod Tip

Had a guide insert come out of the rod tip on a Steez Power Pitch (fortunately it’s not AGS) and was wondering if anyone knew what size the tip is or any advice to glue it back in for a short term fix. Diawa support couldn’t give me answers on either and I don’t have any local shops that can assist either.

Really appreciate any help in advance.

2. Member
    I've fixed a few non-AGS Steez, I think the ring is a 4.5 or 5mm...if you've got a caliper measure the outside diameter of the ring on last guide before the tip, could be a 4 though I remember them being small. For the tube size measure the tip after you take off the old tip (just heat it up with a lighter and it'll pull off)...2.2mm is a 5.5, 2.4mm is a 6 it'll probably be one of those. You can replace it with the Fuji SiC the SKU will be something like this if you order from Get Bit, the 4.5 is the ring, (6)2.4 is the tube...Fuji_PLGST4.5(6)2.4...Get some tip glue too.

3. Member
    I have glued guide rings back in with super glue. Most were successful.

4. Member
    Don't do that, it's a Steez...

5. Member
    Have to say I thought about it for a short term fix, lol. Cringe a bit scraping off the epoxy on this thing. Oh well, thought about getting into the rod building hobby and it’s just another tool in the end.

Really appreciate the feedback!! Tight lines.

6. Member
    For the price of a Duckett Micro Magic (I use that example because I have replaced guides on probably 50 of them) you can get everything you need to replace any guide.

https://getbitoutdoors.com/getbit-gbstk-wd

For a little bit more you can get this and start building rods. Get yourself a tip gauge too.

https://getbitoutdoors.com/getbit-gbstk-dr

7. Member
    Send it in for repair. Daiwa will send it back good as new for free