Z9 front pedestal base position to close want to add additional base

Does anyone else think the 2 pedestal bases are to close to the trolling motor? I feel like I need to move it back about 1 more base. The major question is can I without it being in my compartment. Anyone done this before on a z9?

I'd imagine its too close if you use a folding seat, the "butt" seat i think its fine. Course i have only used the butt seat on any of my boats 1 time in the last 15 years. I just prefer to stand.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    My 2014 z8 is the same way I'm cramped on the trolling motor I tried a offset pole like bill dance uses and it's not what I want

4. Member
    I added a dual display mount this year. Over the trolling motor pedal and my shin hits the lower display.

5. Member
    I agree i could you use more in my Z20 but I am tall and like to stretch out. Keep us in the loop. I will look into myself when new carpet is needed

6. Member
    Can you guys get a taller base post or cut down the taller post? also can you rerig the base so the seat sits further back on the plate it's mounted too, just asking
    I prefer to stand, the seats get in my way of moving around on the front deck

They make an offset insert, i'd try that first before repositioning the base.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team