Question Honest reviews on your 19-22 Z20

Considering buying a 2019-22 Z20. I’d like some honest reviews of what you think of yours.
    -Build quality
    -Ride
    -Storage
    -Pros & cons
    -Trailer
    -Any problems?
    -Warranty issues?

thanks for your help

2. Member
    I have a 2019 Z20 that I purchased new with 416 hours on the motor with no issues so far ��. I did upgrade my trailer with a Dexter wet bolt kit and equalizers because what comes on the trailer is a joke. I had to replace all the batteries this year but that’s expected after 4 years. Overall I’ve been completely satisfied with my purchase.
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

3. Member
    2019 z 20. 250 v 8. 6 mo.in garage. 6 mo. In driveway with costom cover. Boat still looks like new. Overall quality very good. Great ride. Mycarpet still looks like new. My switches all work...they stay dry.
    Trailer is functional but could be built better. Motor was getting sluggish with a slight miss. New spark plugs/fuel filter/6.2 quarts of 10w-30 and runs best it ever has. Hole shot to70 plus mph . On 5th year and would highly recommend! Past owner hydro sports/rangers/triton.
    Last edited by framer; 05-16-2023 at 11:58 AM.

4. Member
    Also a 2019 Z20 Owner, bought in late 2020. Boat had less the 24 hours on it when purchased, now has 100 hours as of a week ago. Love the boat all the way through the boat itself, the ride and the motor. Same complaints are the trailer and starboard front locker hard to open. I have the PRO package and love the upgraded Helix units.

We have a 2021 Z20 we got in March of 21 and put around 55 trips a year on it and boat has been good. Like the storage and set up. Fishes flat and stable and controllable even in the wind and waves which is a big deal for a old big guy with lots of aches and pains. LOL Seriously though it has been a good boat. Was a little skeptical from what I had seen in the old days but after looking it over real good desided to give it a try and am very happy no complaints or regrets.

6. Member
    Own a 2020 z20. Fairly happy with it, the ride and gelcoat / fiberglass were nearly flawless from factory. Carpet is pretty bad, and some of the interior fit and finish isn’t great. Lots of random loose hardware to tighten, but assuming most boat brands are similar. Storage is excellent, love the removable rear compartments.

My biggest issue was the switch panel. Replaced one under warranty, but they never function great with wet fingers. This winter I did the conversion to rocker switches, kind of a pain to be honest.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Own a 2020 z20. Fairly happy with it, the ride and gelcoat / fiberglass were nearly flawless from factory. Carpet is pretty bad, and some of the interior fit and finish isn’t great. Lots of random loose hardware to tighten, but assuming most boat brands are similar. Storage is excellent, love the removable rear compartments.

My biggest issue was the switch panel. Replaced one under warranty, but they never function great with wet fingers. This winter I did the conversion to rocker switches, kind of a pain to be honest.

Any pics of your rocker switch conversion?

Bought2019 z20 new in early 2020, boat has been excellent all the way around- ride, performance , all gel coat is good, carpet good…. Only thing is the touchpad shorted out like they all do but this is my 3rd nitro and will buy another nitro when I do go for another new one��

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYKTB View Post
    Considering buying a 2019-22 Z20. I’d like some honest reviews of what you think of yours.
    -Build quality
    -Ride
    -Storage
    -Pros & cons
    -Trailer
    -Any problems?
    -Warranty issues?

thanks for your help
    I bought a 2019 z20 pro new from BPS. 87 hrs as of yesterday…

Con-You sit on the gas tank which makes your partner feel like they can fly. Recommend a dual console so they feel more comfortable. I’m still getting used to this coming from skeeter.
    Con-Cheap latches and storage compartment gas shocks. Had a shocks break and a cple latches strip out.
    Con-This might be on just the 2019’s but the center compartment between the seats should open in the opposite direction. If you forget to latch it will fly open once on pad and anything light is gone and hinges broke. Also the top of the lid is covered with a hard ridged plastic that will absolutely destroy your knees while culling fish. I did see that on the 2023 I just saw it has the sea mat on the lid which is absolutely what it needs. Not sure if that is standard now.
    Con-Trailer is junk. Replace the shackles. Watch for screws falling out of fenders and rivets coming loose allowing for diamond plate to rattle bad. Easy fix tho but shouldn’t be like this. Do not loose locking lug nut socket or you will not like changing a tire. Mine came attached to the spare tire I was told lol.
    Con-I’ve had to re glue all the foam padding on the lids of most compartments as when it gets hot it would be falling off. Pia

My biggest CON about them now is price because I don’t think that they have improved the quality of some stuff but due to the state of the world they are not worth what they are going for now. I upgraded mine from the 225 to the 250. Added atlas jp and dry dock fans. It came with ultrex112 one boat network and 10ft talons. 9” helix g3 mdi and 10” helix g3 msi. Are you ready for this..I paid 55k. This same package is sitting at my local Bps right now with some of these options and NO poles. They are asking 78k. Nuts

Now…it is a great ride and great looking imo. The fishing platform is awesome. It’s a tank. It’s decent in rough water to. Livewells rock! Lots of storage. Easy to work on when adding accessories. It’s also a fast boat and jumps out of the hole as long as you have everything perfect. With all this being said due to prices now I don’t think I will buy another Nitro. I think there are better options out there now for the same money.

I hope this helps man.
    2019 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS 4S
    9 10s 12in Birds 360 SeaClear BBTs
    EchoUltra 1222 Lvs34 LiveFoot amped out
    10ft Talons 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    Atlas Hydraulic Mtech Lithiums

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYKTB View Post
    Any pics of your rocker switch conversion?
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1212661

A thread with my conversion. I’m not super thrilled with the location, but it’s tough to locate that many switches.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    On the locking lug nut on the spare, I thought the previous owner did this. I had mine removed with the lug nut remover and just put a regular lug nut on, since I had no key. Found this the hard way, luckily I was able to pump up the tire enough to get home.