2023 Vexus VX 21 question

So I’m about to pull the trigger on 2023 VX21. I’m trying to decide if I want the dual or single console. From what I understand it’s not easily removable. Anyone with pics or pros and cons?

2. Member
    I’ve got a VX20 with single console. Was really interested in the dual (had them on previous boats, my co-anglers really appreciate it) and was pursuing the Vexus with dual. But came across the single console ‘22 VX20 and jumped on it. My main co-angler really said he didn’t notice much of a difference without the passenger console on the Vexus, with the trolling motor where it’s at and perhaps the shape of the bow. Plus the added access all around (minus the driver console and outboard) really helps netting/retrieving fish.

My opinion on dual console boats (and it’s worth exactly what yo paid for it) is they take up too much room. But, I’m 6’4” and wear size 13 shoes. And, they are just in the way. And I don’t care for the looks.

If my partner wanted one he could make a couple boat payments If my wife wanted one I’d have to knuckle under but she rarely fishes and never when it’s raining or under 80 degrees.

4. Member
    I went with my brother in his vx21 without a passenger console and we both wear size 13. He should have just said upfront-I really don’t want any passengers to be comfortable and to prove it I’ll go without the console. Hahaha.
    In the winter it would be brutal for sure. I think he finds it easier to get around without it in there. I have a console in all the boats I’ve owned and wouldn’t consider a boat without one but I’m not near the fisherman he is…

5. Member
    If you fish alone don’t get one. If the wife is going to go out with you, even from time to time, absolutely get one Also if balance and uniformity matter get one, cause single consoles look stupid
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

6. Member
    Single counsels are for guys who like fishing.
    Dual counsels are for guys who like boat rides.

7. Member
    I have a VX 20 that I had the second console added. That was the only stipulation when I went to buy that the wife said I had to do. If that is all I have to deal with when it comes to buying a brand new top of the line boat, then it will be a second console. I don't see it as in the way, there are advantages and disadvantages for sure. By the way, it doesn't make you any better of a fisherman if you have a second console, but it does make for a better love life with the wife!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by northstar View Post
    Single counsels are for guys who like fishing.
    Dual counsels are for guys who like sex and fishing.
    Fixed it for you
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

9. Member
    I have a Vx21 that I added the second console to after the purchase,
    Single console pros- the entire boat just seems wide open, very spacious, the rod storage tubes are easy to reach and use, you can sit on the center compartment lid and use the end of the port storage locker like a desk, very easy to walk around the boat due to no obstructions, if you prefer wide open spaces then you will love the single console.
    Cons- no protection for the passenger while underway

Dual console pros- the wife is happy, feels secure holding the console grab bar, and protected while underway. The console provides yet another large storage area in the dash.
    Cons- cockpit feels very narrow after being accustomed to a single console, console is heavy so its adding weight, you lose the flat desk area at the port side locker as this is where the console mounts, you have to bend down low to see under the console to put rods in the storage tubes.

My opinion is if you have not fished from a vx21 single console before you get the dual, you wont notice the difference as this is a very large platform that still has plenty of room with dual consoles.
    My second console is attached with 5 thru bolts, it takes 2 people 10 minutes to remove or install. You must have 2 people due to the awkward size, its heavy, and you have to reach in the dash to get to the top of the bolts and inside the port locker to reach the bolt nuts.
    FYI I have never removed mine after installing it, never have had a reason to and it is not in my way.
    We love our boat and the wife is happy!

10. Member
    I got a dual console. The wife and friends love it. Still feels huge to me. I don't regret it.

11. Member
    I had an aluminum ranger with a console, it was in the way. Cracked and was replaced, left console off it was awesome. Just got rid of the P.O.S. Ranger, for a 2023 VX 20 with a passenger console. Boat is big enough it is not in the way for me, dont ind it at all. Like the glo ve box and stereo in it.

12. Member
    Well my wife does go so I ordered the console. Waiting on it to come in.