Porpoising after adding powerpoles.

I recently added a set of powerpoles to my 21xrd and now its porpoising like crazy at anything below about 33-34. Iv got a 250pro xs fourstroke that still has a year and a half of warranty so Id rather not drill the holes for the hydrofoil. Do I have any other options here?

Have you tried a Bravo1 style propeller? They have lots of diameter and stern lift. That is my advice.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Are you thinking it’s from the brackets dragging or weight? I noticed a few boats with extremely low poles due to bracket locations. I recently installed poles on my 21 XDC, haven’t had it in the water since installing. I had custom brackets made because the brackets for Bullets were too close to my motor and rub rail. Hoping I don’t have any performance issues.

4. Member
    I mounted my brackets a little higher so I dont think its that. Ill try the bravo one next Mark. Im currently running a txp.

5. Member
    2 degree wedges will help some but not as much as a foil.
    Allison XB21
    Mercruy 300r

6. Member
    I have 10' poles on my 21SDC. When the live well is full and full of fuel it will porpoise, the rest of the time no issues at all. I usually lower the hydraulic plate all the way down and trim all the way down, it helps but doesnt completely stop it.
    Last edited by sowenssw; 05-22-2023 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Reply

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    Are you thinking it’s from the brackets dragging or weight? I noticed a few boats with extremely low poles due to bracket locations. I recently installed poles on my 21 XDC, haven’t had it in the water since installing. I had custom brackets made because the brackets for Bullets were too close to my motor and rub rail. Hoping I don’t have any performance issues.
    I had the same issue, poles touching my engine when turned all the way, I used 3/4" thick aluminum plate and built spacers between the jack-plate and power pole brackets, worked out great.

It’s probably more a of a weight thing. I have power poles on mine and it will porpoise more with different fuel levels. I have not filled the live wells and run it yet (I don’t fish Tourneys anymore).
    Last edited by Basswipe; 06-03-2023 at 05:44 AM.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

9. Kllr bee
    You might consider relocating pumps forward. Or add a skidplate to jack plate.
    Richard aka Kllr Bee