Wiring in a bow trim switch.

Just bought my first Tracker.....a 2016 Pro 160/40hp merc. I can't leave anything alone.

I am pretty mechanically inclined (not pulling my own chain), I can build drag cars, stock cars, retired military as fighter jet mechanic/crewchief, I want to do my own work.

Couple of upgrades I'd like to add:

- Bow trim switch......is this a difficult addition? If you have some input, like to hear.....what switch and wiring I need.

- LED nav strip lights below the surface fwd.....also.....fairly simple task? I think those are pretty cool.

- LED inside perimeter lights.

Thanks to everyone....wife and I are retired and I am retired military, this is going to be one more tool the wife and I get to use to live a long life together.

Ray
    ICT KS

2. Member
    Adding the bow trim switch shouldn’t be hard. I’m surprised it wasn’t done at the factory. If you can locate the trim switch wires at the gearshift you can tap into the blue and green wires and extend them up to the bow. You can also run the red wire up from the helm or see if there’s an accessory 12 volt power feed at the bow. You’ll just be adding another trim switch wired in parallel with the one at the gearshift.

You’ll need a double throw momentarily switch at the bow. Wire switch red common, green down and blue is up.
    The easiest way to remember is blue sky up, green grass down and red common.

I’ve never done the light strips but it shouldn’t be difficult.

3. Member
    I added THIS SWITCH to my boat, So far no issues at all.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP