Any noticeable difference between NRX and NRX+

I ask because in the rods for sale section the NRX sellers typically make a point that the rod for sale is not the + version.

2. Member
    In short the +version gets the CI4 custom reel seat and spiral X graphite both brought over from the Conquest line. Guide train stayed the same. Some prefer the + like myself others the old.
    I'll add some think the spiral X adds little more power over the previous NRX blanks.
    Last edited by Phippy; 05-16-2023 at 07:50 AM.

I feel the spiral x it does add more power, and I like the reel seat much better on the nrx +

4. Member
    I only have the +, but everything I've heard was that some people felt that the original NRX felt "too" light, like it would break in your hands on the first hook set and the + models don't have that feeling.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

5. Member
    I've landed a DD largemouth on my "old" NRX DSR and it didn't feel brittle or underpowered. Wasn't worried that it would break. I have a couple of NRX+ rods that feel a bit crisper and stouter than the non-Spiral X rods, but when I fish them side by side they blend together easily in terms of feel.

I think the "this rod feels so light that you're worried it'll break (but it doesn't)" anecdotes come from an early time when the NRX revolutionized high-end rod expectations and the NRX was the only rod that felt like it did. These days there are so many high-end & super light blanks out there that the NRX doesn't stand out anymore as exceptionally light and brittle.

6. Member
    Yea the + is meant to be used by heavier folks. How much do you weigh?

7. Member
    The NRX had known issues with quality control. I have experienced this personal. Poor wrapping uneven crooked laquer on guides. My NRX+ has the build quality you would expect.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesoh1967 View Post
    The NRX had known issues with quality control. I have experienced this personal. Poor wrapping uneven crooked laquer on guides. My NRX+ has the build quality you would expect.
    You are 100% correct here….
    The new +Plus build quality is far superior
    The previous models were a flip of the coin in terms of quality.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250