Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    How does this fly with BASS under the sportsmanship rule? Competitors are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety, and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principals may be deemed cause for disqualification.
    Can’t really DQ him for that, if they decided to go that route they’d have to DQ the majority of the Elite anglers. Go back and look at pics over the last several years, at times there’s double digit numbers of guys packed in close enough to toss a bag of chips from boat to boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Can’t really DQ him for that, if they decided to go that route they’d have to DQ the majority of the Elite anglers. Go back and look at pics over the last several years, at times there’s double digit numbers of guys packed in close enough to toss a bag of chips from boat to boat.

In my opinion, because of the rate of speed, closeness & the wake that could have knocked the angler and his marshal out of the boat. Mostly the wake, it’s not much different than what Swindle did.

4. Member
    Look at Bernie's stats. 30+ years on tour and 1.2 Million in winnings. sounds like a lot, and it is a lot more than I will ever earn, but I ain't a pro. Far from it. However, I think he has fished 361 events and has checked 184 times. that's a bit upside down. He's had 20 top 10s. Sounds good but do the math and it's horrible. Can he fish? yeh, he's a middle of the pack guy at best on a very difficult tour. How he manages to keep getting the invite baffles me. What I know is this, what he did was uncalled for even if he's right, it is not a good look.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    Look at Bernie's stats. 30+ years on tour and 1.2 Million in winnings. sounds like a lot, and it is a lot more than I will ever earn, but I ain't a pro. Far from it. However, I think he has fished 361 events and has checked 184 times. that's a bit upside down. He's had 20 top 10s. Sounds good but do the math and it's horrible. Can he fish? yeh, he's a middle of the pack guy at best on a very difficult tour. How he manages to keep getting the invite baffles me. What I know is this, what he did was uncalled for even if he's right, it is not a good look.
    There were 2 pros involved in the incident. The drama should have been dealt with by the offended party in a professional manner. They both have an obligation as pros to keep it from being personal. One on one face to face instead of dumping a video on the internet to get sympathy. Now you have seized the oppurtunity to stand in judgement to someone who has been fishing at the pro level since before you were born and declaring hes mediocre and undeserving. Why post that. You can use his platform on Bassmaster.com to let him know how you feel about him. I personally like the guy. Even if I didnt I wouldnt question his lifetime credentials. Its none of my business. What happens between pros should be dealt with by the pros and not used to create fodder on the internet. For the sport to have survived this long and for someone to have participated as long as Bernie I can guarentee you incidents like this occur all the time but are not used to create fodder. Not a single entity on the planet is free from dramatic episodes. We would have run out of stones if judgements were cast on every wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    So you must know the dude personally and pretty well, because he’s obviously pissed you off and is a huge trigger.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    So you must know the dude personally and pretty well, because he’s obviously pissed you off and is a huge trigger.
    Well duh! Bernie stayed with his uncle's buddy's girlfriend's cousin one time and was a total jerk!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yadkincustomlures View Post
    Well duh! Bernie stayed with his uncle's buddy's girlfriend's cousin one time and was a total jerk!!
    He has not been touring since before I was born. I am 48 years old man. Secondly, none of you know who I know and how well I know them. I pointed out the fact that he is a decent fisherman by pro standards but he is not a great fisherman in the pro ranks and has never been. He's middle of the pack amongst some of the best ever. That's giving him some credit, but to think he's earned a spot among the greats just because he's been fishing for 30 years?? come on man. Mattmann7, do you know him personally? You said you personally like the guy. I can make a judgement based on what I see him do, write, and how he finishes in tournaments. I have listened to him to talk on stage and he does so with arrogance. Yall might not see it that way, and that's fine, we all have our own opinions. But I do know how treated a personal friend of mine because heard him and it wasn't cool.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    There were 2 pros involved in the incident. The drama should have been dealt with by the offended party in a professional manner. They both have an obligation as pros to keep it from being personal. One on one face to face instead of dumping a video on the internet to get sympathy. Now you have seized the oppurtunity to stand in judgement to someone who has been fishing at the pro level since before you were born and declaring hes mediocre and undeserving. Why post that. You can use his platform on Bassmaster.com to let him know how you feel about him. I personally like the guy. Even if I didnt I wouldnt question his lifetime credentials. Its none of my business. What happens between pros should be dealt with by the pros and not used to create fodder on the internet. For the sport to have survived this long and for someone to have participated as long as Bernie I can guarentee you incidents like this occur all the time but are not used to create fodder. Not a single entity on the planet is free from dramatic episodes. We would have run out of stones if judgements were cast on every wrongdoing.
    Do you know that Caleb didn't try to handle it beforehand? Maybe the "conversation" Bernie had with him in the parking lot went horrible and he felt obligated to post that video.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I don’t mind him posting the video. Makes people think twice about doing stuff like that. Public humiliation is a stronger deterrent vs having a conversation about it. There should still be a 1 on 1 conversation but I bet Bernie won’t do that again.

11. Member
    Lee Livesay travels with Kuphall and looking at the last Murray video that Livesay put out on his Youtube, he gave lots of exposure to Caleb Kuphall through that week and through tournament I believe. There might be some discussion that Caleb has on this incident in this next Lay Lake video that comes out by Livesay. Here is the link to Lee's videos channel.

He's spending some bucks on this camera/video person and told on Zaldain's show that he got him to pull off of Baitworkx to work for him full time.

(3) Lee Livesay - YouTube

Honestly, its a must to watch the Murray video of Lee.... he is a real stick..... he runs around the boat like Ike used to in his golden years... check the Murray video out.. you'll enjoy it i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    Lee Livesay travels with Kuphall and looking at the last Murray video that Livesay put out on his Youtube, he gave lots of exposure to Caleb Kuphall through that week and through tournament I believe. There might be some discussion that Caleb has on this incident in this next Lay Lake video that comes out by Livesay. Here is the link to Lee's videos channel.

He's spending some bucks on this camera/video person and told on Zaldain's show that he got him to pull off of Baitworkx to work for him full time.

(3) Lee Livesay - YouTube

Honestly, its a must to watch the Murray video of Lee.... he is a real stick..... he runs around the boat like Ike used to in his golden years... check the Murray video out.. you'll enjoy it i think.

Wrong Caleb... that's Caleb Sumrall on Lee's YT series, along with Logan Latuso.

But I agree, good channel to follow.

Kuphall should have spent the weekend there

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567