Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    I think all manufacturers suffered quality issues during the pandemic.
    I agree. It’s not just one. The pandemic era was a horrible period. I think everyone’s quality control guys were off at that time! They better get their heads out of the dark places and start doing their job.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Moral of my story is i had issues with everything, Even my trolling motor. That's 4 independent brands that have nothing to do with each other. I count it as a covid, nobody wants to work/hard to find ppl to work thing. I personally think every company is having issues with quality right now.

The polishing of the boat and stuff is very minor, even tho it did get under my skin. The boat left the factory like that and it left the dealer like that. This boat cost me 140K by the time i got it here, I shouldn't have to fix my trailer, polish my boat and fix my steering before i even get to put it in the water.

My overall experience with the dealer was awesome tho, they we're great before and after the sale.
    Thats a lot of $$ you shouldn't have to do nothing but get on it and go , you know my bud has a 2021vexus 2080 his ghost is messed up , hull takes on water somewhere, one blade has malfunctioned a couple of other minor things, its got to be a pandemic thing to many mistakes.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

3. Member
    not a good time for business during covid, my less than 1 year old Lowrance Ghost won't work and I'm going to Canada in a few, stuck with buying a new one until they warranty mine out

4. Member
    Go look at the new pics…
    absolutely no excuse for that.

those saying this and that would be singing a different tune if you paid $60 grand just for the hull.

I don’t care what week it is, if I spend $60k and you tell me you ain’t got time for me…. I’d never buy your product again.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock2033 View Post
    Go look at the new pics…
    absolutely no excuse for that.

those saying this and that would be singing a different tune if you paid $60 grand just for the hull.

I don’t care what week it is, if I spend $60k and you tell me you ain’t got time for me…. I’d never buy your product again.
    Every time i called they made time for me, and i called lots

6. Banned
    Considering the service and sincerity I have enjoyed from BULLET, Tom, Matt and Teresa and I have NEVER purchased a NEW Bullet from them nor a dealer. However, I did ask them to treat me as if I had. They NEVER once turned away. They have gone well beyond what would have been expected by any reasonable manufacturer. AND THEY DID SO WITH ABSOLUTE RESOLVE TO MAKE A BULLET OWNER HAPPY. (I HERE OFFER THEIR TRUE BULLET CREED IS "THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT BUT HE IS ALWAYS THE CUSTOMER.")

in the dark days after Charlie Waller sold Bumble Bee, I became entangled in a nightmare with a hull that was "cursed" and I must say the new owner and everyone associated with them tried to make things right, AT THEIR EXPENSE!! They even engaged Charlie to assist. The eventual was I got a lemon and the only cure was to make lemonade. They offered to buy back and I reluctantly agreed. After the sting subsided I decided to give them another try. I dealt with a new dealer I had never known before so there would be no undue influence. The boat was EXACTLY what I would have expected and I could never say enough about the deal, dealer and Bumble Bee. A few years later Bee was gone so I went shopping.

Rick Anderson, Anderson Boats, Cullman, Al. told me about Bullet and I should give Teresa a call. Before that even happened I tripped upon a 21XD that had a story and the rest of the story is for another time. Suffice it to say Bullet, the aforementioned as well as some previous Bullet associates went well over any customary effort to help me with MY project!!

There is NO WAY Bullet could have made the money they would have earned with a new sale. Didn't ever come up!! Not once did I take a back seat to some other event on someone's calendar. Never an issue.

I have no doubt the OP here had some issues and to him they were likely much bigger than Bullet perceived. However, Bullet offered a full refund and I have no doubt they would have gladly built him a new boat ASAP!! I acknowledge he would be out some fishing trips however, considering the options, sounds reasonable. Further, I concur with another post here that the delivering dealer was the first in line to responsibility for shoddy finish.

It is most unfortunate when something like this happens. I have no idea where the parties are at this time. However, I am very confident the Bullet folks are listening. My experience tells me they are eager to make a happy customer. However, sometimes it is just not in the cards. Bumble Bee bought my "defective" boat back and that could have been the end. However, Charlie Waller and his son (still an employee of the new Bee) and the Dealer Manager for Bee stayed in touch to make certain I was happy. When the time came I went back to Bee. I KNEW what they would do should such happen again. I and my two children sure did get many hours of pleasure out of our last Bee. So, Mr. OP. In this old man's humble opinion, you could do a lot worse. Make a call. Be fair and honest as to what would make you happy. Don't be surprised at the response.

7. Member
    It's not just a Bullet thing. All boats across the board are having problems finding and retaining good employees. I do warranty repair on gel for most of them and can tell you I haven't been impressed with the quality of any of them in a while. I've done over 3k of repairs on stress cracks and shoddy workmanship on 2 brand new boats in the past month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12