Lakes Region water temps?

I am on vacation next week and planning on fishing a few lakes up in the lakes region. Has anyone been out and what are you finding for water temps and spawning activity. Thanks in advance.
    5 Short of a limit

2. Member
    Was on Squam on Sunday, a couple of beds. Temps started at 57 in the morning, got to 59/60 by the time i left.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

3. Member
    Newfound was 51 Saturday. Caught a double-handful of smaller guys and a 3# Laker - most on a swimbait in 30', a couple on a jerkbait <20'.

4. Member
    Was on Kezar in Sutton water high 50’s low low 60’s. 1 bed seen.
    Red Sox in 6!

5. Member
    Hit Pawtuckaway today. Water was 63 at 5 am and was 67 at 4 when we left. Honestly I'm totally confused. Seemed like early spawn, few beds, many empty. Saw only one pair making the dance. A few fish seemed to be guarding. Some fish were starting to make beds. Caught about 45 between the 2 of us but only saw beds and found fish in select areas. Maybe the first wave? I dont know but totally made for a weird day of fishing....

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Hit Pawtuckaway today. Water was 63 at 5 am and was 67 at 4 when we left. Honestly I'm totally confused. Seemed like early spawn, few beds, many empty. Saw only one pair making the dance. A few fish seemed to be guarding. Some fish were starting to make beds. Caught about 45 between the 2 of us but only saw beds and found fish in select areas. Maybe the first wave? I dont know but totally made for a weird day of fishing....
    It has been a very strange spring. I hate fishing the spawn and I'm trying to avoid it, but trying to guess which lake isn't in full spawn right now is friggen hard. Gambled on a bigger deeper lake today and found smallmouth were mostly done with largies just getting started on beds. Not what I wanted to do but it was going to be a short day today so we spent a lot of time trying to find anything NOT on a bed, but no luck there.

On the plus side, I did catch a smallmouth off of a bed with my Deps250 (10") glide, that was neat. Only about 2-1/4 lbs, took three tries to get it to bite. First cast it followed it all the way to the surface right beside the boat. Second cast she hit it but missed the hooks. Third cast it sank about a foot before she came straight up and t-boned it right at the rear treble hook. Sniped a few just to put a couple in the boat but I spent the majority of my day trying to get both largemouth and smallmouth to eat that giant glide, only got the one but had a ton following it waaaay off the bed. That at least made it interesting. Debating going back to northern Champlain again this weekend to skip the bed fishing, we were up there for 4 days last weekend and it was an awesome trip, all pre-spawners.

7. Member
    Thanks guys.....keep the updates coming.
    5 Short of a limit

I fished Harvey lake Sunday. Water temp was 63-66.
    Didn't see any beds and the fishing was slow.
    I got 8 and my friend got 6 or 7. Nothing big
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    I fished Harvey lake
    I tried to get on it around 4 weeks ago - never did find the ramp, and ended up on Northwood (IDK, it looks pretty obvious?).
    zzbirthday.png

Sent you a pm.
    Last edited by TMG; 05-24-2023 at 05:02 PM.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    I tried to get on it around 4 weeks ago - never did find the ramp, and ended up on Northwood (IDK, it looks pretty obvious?).
    zzbirthday.png
    You might have to be staying at one of the cottages?? Hovey or Harvey?
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

12. Member
    Newfound Lake was 62-63 yesterday. The smallmouth are bedded up pretty good on the main lake.

13. Member
    Newfound had cooled to under 60 degrees yesterday. A few fish bedding, and a few empty or abandoned beds. The warm weather coming this week should get a good push to the shallows going.