Wiring help needed! 1996 ZX ONE EIGHTY BATTERY SWITCH boat wiring information.

Hello, I am running a ZX180,150 Mariner, 12 & 24 volt trolling motor. Not using live wells presently. Don't need them.
    Was laid up for past 5 years, couldn't fish. A bunch of chipmunks set up a hotel in my Skeeter.
    I got 2 to 3 bushels of twigs, needles and detritus out of each forward compartments.
    I have gone completely through my Skeeter, cleaning, inspecting and repairing as needed.
    I pulled my Perko and cleaned all of my terminal ends. Had to replace the starting battery. In pulling all the batteries and the Perko I have stupidly lost the wiring diagram involving the starter battery, house wiring and PERKO.

She looks like a standard set up, only changes would be the fish finders at the front of the boat and to the right if the steering wheel.
    I connected the starting battery and the Perko like the positions indicated. It appeared to reconnect easily without having to reroute any wires.
    The TILT MECHANISM works with the Perko in the off position. So did the instrument cluster function, as did the ignition key spin the engine!
    I had the negative electrode just hooked over the post of the starting battery and switched
    the PERKO on and there was a huge surge like a direct short to ground that actually melted the side of the negative cable opening the side if the terminal!!
    FORTUNATELY, THERE APPEARS TO BE NO ILL AFTER EFFECTS!
    Now I need to sort through what caused this surge and sort out the gauges and dash switches, etcetera.
    BTW, my two trolling batteries are wired 12 v and 24v and the trolling motor runs fine. That circuit is isolated from the house current.
    HELP, PLEASE!?
    IDEAS?
    INFORMATION?
    WHAT HAVE YOU?
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Last edited by AlanBrownPAC; 05-15-2023 at 12:22 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar