4 Blade Prop recommendation

I have a new 21 PHX with a 250 SHO on order. The boat will be fitted with lithium batteries. I am planning on running a 4 blade prop. I would appreciate any input or recommendations for which prop and pitch I should consider. I fish mostly larger bodies of water in the NE and carry way more stuff than I should. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    26” Bravo FS

3. Scraps
    Ask Croxton. I wanted a Bravo but couldn’t find one and prices were ridiculous. Mark recommended a Razor XL and I’m happy.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    Thankyou Thomas, I would assume that the vent holes should be plugged?

5. Member
    I have the same boat with lithiums. I run a 26 4 Fury. Runs 70, nice and flat, zero chine walk.

6. Member
    Another for 26 bravo. FS/XS models don't matter so long as you plug all the holes.
    Fury 4 would be decent, but the bravo pairs with the Sho lower unit better with the larger diameter and straight barrel.

7. Member
    Thankyou Guys for the input I would like to try the 26 bravo FS but they are hard to find and very expensive I have a Fury 4 25 from a previous boat that I will also try. I would like to know if there is a noticeable difference between the bravo and the Fury.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tidalangler View Post
    Thankyou Guys for the input I would like to try the 26 bravo FS but they are hard to find and very expensive I have a Fury 4 25 from a previous boat that I will also try. I would like to know if there is a noticeable difference between the bravo and the Fury.
    There will be a difference, but it may not be enough to drop the money on a new prop when you've got one that's already paid for.

Handling, holeshot, and bow lift was similar between my bravo and the fury 4 on my 721,but they make the 20' hulls ride like a ranger from the stern lift the flared barrel gives.
    The 21' and expecially the phx hulls it doesn't seem to hurt the ride from other's reports.

9. Member
    Thankyou Thomas, I would assume that the vent holes should be plugged?
    Only tried one for a short period, was a friends prop and all holes were plugged. A little sluggish out of the hole but I'm sure opening one or 2 would help greatly. People say 4 strokes don't benefit from vent hold on props but I disagree. I have two 25" V-Max prop's, a vented T1 and non vented T2. The T2 will spin up to around 32-3300 rpms and gradually come on plane. The vented T1 will spin up to 3600 or so and shoot out of the hole in almost half the distance. Once on plane not difference in handling between the 2.

10. Member
    Very interesting so more stern lift with the fury 4 less stern lift with the bravo so would fury have higher top end speed with less hull in the water?

11. Member
    I'd say the bravo would be 1-2 mph faster but nothing crazy. Phoenix hulls run better with more weight in the stern. Most people lose a few mph going to lithiums.
    Just guessing a similar effect would happen with lifting the stern.
    Fwiw my 721 only ran about 74 with the fury 4 and I've seen 77-79 with 2 with my bravo. The fury was a 24 which turns about like a 26 bravo so it's not quite apples to apples

12. Member
    You could be right I have heard before about people losing speed after going lithium's and that's why I was reaching out to you guys. All good information I was able to locate a new 26 bravo FS today probably the only one in the country man are those things hard to come by. Anyways now I have a couple of choices thanks again guys for all the info I will keep you posted after I get the boat end of June.

13. Member
    When I went all in on Lithium’s and took almost 200#’s out the back I lost several mph on top end. Sent one of my props off to Mark Croxton and got it all back and then some.

14. Member
    Good to know Thomas is your boat a 21phx and was it the bravo 26 bravo FS you had worked by Mark Croxton?

15. Member
    Good to know Thomas is your boat a 21phx and was it the bravo 26 bravo FS you had worked by Mark Croxton?
    It's a 920 Pro and I had the 25" T2 reworked. The bravo I tried belongs to a friend of mine.

16. Member
    My 2022 721 with Bravo FS 24 worked to a 25 runs 70 max @ 5900 (Not running lithiums). Handles great though.
    2022 Phoenix 721
    250 Yamaha SHO