Reel for a TFO MBR 733?

Hi all, first post here. I just picked up a TFO Tactical MBR 733. This will be for Neds primarily and anything else I normally use a ML spinning rod for. I'm trying to decide between the Curado MGL & the Curado BFS. I know this isn't a true BFS rod but I'm thinking the BFS reel might work better for lighter baits. Any input?

2. Member
    Check out the Shimano 2022 SLX DC XT 70 from Japan. I love my shimano curado 70mgl also.

3. Member
    I don't know if I'd go with the SLX70DC for lighter baits...great reel, I've got 4 of them, better than a Curado DC IMO just don't think it'd shine with lighter stuff. I use 09 Aldebaran MG7's for lighter stuff myself, they are great reels and can be found for ~$150.

4. Member
    Between the two you mentioned, I'd go with the Curado BFS. That reel will handle the really lightweight stuff great, but will still allow you to throw slightly heavier things that you may want to throw on that rod. I just don't think the Curado MGL will throw a super lightweight bait like a ned rig very well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    Between the two you mentioned, I'd go with the Curado BFS. That reel will handle the really lightweight stuff great, but will still allow you to throw slightly heavier things that you may want to throw on that rod. I just don't think the Curado MGL will throw a super lightweight bait like a ned rig very well.
    That's the way I'm leaning. The rod is rated 1/16 - 3/8. When it comes in I'll try it with one of my SLX MGL's but I think the Curado BFS will be a better fit.