Trailer brakes went bad.

What company made the trailers for Champion boats in 95-96?

TI Trailers, a division of E Z loader, contact Samuel McMaster Parts and Warranty Supervisor @ EZ Loader, he should be able to help you. Have you Vin number ready.

3. Member
    I have a 1 ton duramax and the rotors are huge. I took my 203 in to the trailer place and he said it is better to just weld the tongue so there are no trailer brakes. Said he does it all the time on bass boats when towing with a big truck. He did it and saved me a lot of money and it works great, No stopping issues at all.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gleninaz View Post
    I have a 1 ton duramax and the rotors are huge. I took my 203 in to the trailer place and he said it is better to just weld the tongue so there are no trailer brakes. Said he does it all the time on bass boats when towing with a big truck. He did it and saved me a lot of money and it works great, No stopping issues at all.
    Sorry Glen, but that guy is an idiot. First off a business should never recommend disabling safety equipment on a vehicle. Secondly, your 1 ton can probably handle the weight of a 203 just fine, but most of us are driving something less. In my case, it's a 21 Yukon XL 1/2 ton and I have a 210. In a normal situation, I have no problems towing and braking with that weight, but at interstate speeds in TX and in an emergency situation I sure appreciate those trailer brakes being able to take that weight off my Yukon. Rant over ... drop by after work and I'll buy you a frosty!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gettnet View Post
    What company made the trailers for Champion boats in 95-96?
    Make of trailer is not that important. Who supplied the axle, hubs, rotors, calipers, brake shoes/ pads, drums. Champion 95-96, most likely UFP.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

6. Member
    I also pull with a 3/4 ton truck and my trailer brakes didnt work when I bought boat and have never needed them.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post
    ... Champion 95-96, most likely UFP.

8. Member
    I never said it was a good idea for a half ton truck. If you have seen and lifted the rotors for a one ton you would understand. He is the best trailer guy in Arizona and he does it for the bigger trucks. I just pulled a 14k fifth wheel for 1400 miles and not once did the trailer brakes engage. Works for me.