Shimano Curado 200K bearings

Hi all, I’m looking to upgrade some spool bearings on my Curado 200k. Any tips on where and which ones to get? I’ve never done an upgrade, but I’m familiar on how to get the bearings out. Any one know the ABEC rating for the stock bearings in the reel? I do clean and inspect the market bing pieces parts annually, never saw any markings on the bearings to indicate what they are. Any help is appreciated.! And thanks in advance.!

Call tackle trap, they will hook you up with bearings, 3x10x4 , is what you need.

https://tackletrap.com/

(315) 234-105zero

3. Member
    I've gone down this route with a few reels using different brands such as Bocca and some of the Japanese brands, I've found very minimal improvement and if anything the reels get more finicky with backlashes but that's just my opinion.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I've gone down this route with a few reels using different brands such as Bocca and some of the Japanese brands, I've found very minimal improvement and if anything the reels get more finicky with backlashes but that's just my opinion.
    Thanks, that’s good info to know.! Wondered why I don’t seem to hear anyone crowing about xxxx bearings be the shizzle except the bearing marketers themselves.! I’ve never tried any, but I’ve had a few reels that just wouldn’t throw light baits no matter what the rod and line set ups were. Thought I would try bearings next, but maybe not.!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    Thanks, that’s good info to know.! Wondered why I don’t seem to hear anyone crowing about xxxx bearings be the shizzle except the bearing marketers themselves.! I’ve never tried any, but I’ve had a few reels that just wouldn’t throw light baits no matter what the rod and line set ups were. Thought I would try bearings next, but maybe not.!

Well, they work great for me. I’d say 10-15 more feet in casting distance (min.) and the reel feels smoother. There is a break in period, and I do find that they do better with a light drop of high speed oil (specific ceramic oil from Boca) and with the orange seals taken OFF. Definitely noticing a difference if I don’t take the orange seals off. Might not see as much of a difference with the high dollar Japanese reels.
    Last edited by JJohnSind; 05-15-2023 at 08:21 PM.