Thread: Mercury Alarms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mercury Alarms

Hi, I'm a 67 years old retired factory worker. All those years, did a number on my hearing and I can just barely hear the beeps anymore., I'm afraid that, I could blow my motor. Does anyone know where I can get some info on how to install waring lights on my console?
    Any info would be great! Thanks, Tommy

Well, i went fishing yesterday. Had a great day going, caught a 4-3 largemouth on my 5th cast on a buzzbait! Motor ran great! however, that dam alarm started going
    off again. I can hear it just fine now, the light did not come on. The alarm is beep -beep -beep non stop ! I know what the oil alarm sounds like and i know what overheat sounds like, it is not that alarm. I don`t know what the water in fuel sounds like, could this be that?.
    I`m going to ron the motor on the muffs today and see if it comes on, if it does i will unplug the sensor on the water separator to see if it stops beeping, and i will check for water.
    My engine SN is )G607556.
    Thanks, Tommy
    Last edited by hawghunter.419; 05-20-2023 at 05:34 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Thank you very much ! I will wire the light next week.

4. Member
    Wired up the LED light yesterday, not too bad of a job, if you are good at standing on your head. LOL. When I took the horn out , I noticed what looked like a "mud dobber" built a nest in the horn. After cleaning the horn out, it is at least ten times louder.

Awesome!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    dont kill the dobbers ..... i like steak $$$$$$
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    LOL!

8. Member
    Well, i went fishing yesterday. Had a great day going, caught a 4-3 largemouth on my 5th cast on a buzzbait! Motor ran great! however, that dam alarm started going
    off again. I can hear it just fine now, the light did not come on. The alarm is beep -beep -beep non stop ! I know what the oil alarm sounds like and i know what overheat sounds like, it is not that alarm. I don`t know what the water in fuel sounds like, could this be that?.
    I`m going to ron the motor on the muffs today and see if it comes on, if it does i will unplug the sensor on the water separator to see if it stops beeping, and i will check for water.
    My engine SN is )0G607556.
    Thanks, Tommy
    Last edited by hawghunter.419; 05-23-2023 at 08:39 PM.

9. Member
    Ran on the muffs at different RPM`s no alarms. Check for water in the fuel filter , no water.
    I unhooked the sensor on the fuel filter, no alarms. Going fishing tomorrow, I guess i will see what happens.
    So far I cannot find anyone who knows what the alarm is for.

10. Member
    constant intermittent beep beep is oil alarm
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

11. Member
    Pretty sure the serial number is 0G607556, the other half of the zero is probably faded or missing.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

12. Member
    Thanks Joe.
    Today went fishing, never ran the boat on plane, we idled around from spot to spot, no alarms. About six hours into the day, alarm started going off. At first, you would hear one beep then, 10 seconds later, beep-beep-beep until I shut the motor off. Wait a few minutes, start the motor, run a few minutes and do it again. The motor was smoking, so I know it is getting oil. I have good water pressure also.
    I took the lid off my oil tank, (the one in the boat) let the pressure out. the alarm never came on the rest of the day.
    What is up with that?
    This alarm is freaking me out!
    Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Thanks, Tommy

13. Member
    You are correct, thanks for catching that for me.
    Tommy

14. Member
    dont assume smoke means no oil injection problem , is oil tank on engine full to top , relieving press on boat tank should not have anything to do with eliminating warning horn , may have module or motion sensor going out

15. Member
    Oil tank is half full. (tank in boat) I know it does not make any sense, but after take the tank cap off it ran the rest of the day with no alarms.. How can I trouble shoot module and motion senser ?
    I don`t want to blow this motor up.

16. Member
    first of all if your system is not alarming youll not find problem , do you have a manual for your engine ???? there are detailed steps in it to test system

17. Member
    Yes, I do. I will check it out thanks.

18. Member

19. Member
    Replaced cap and sensor on oil tank, fished all day yesterday no alarms !

20. Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast