New to me 2017 Z18

So, I’m just waiting on the bank to issue the funds on a new to me 2017 Z18 DC w/ 175 Pro XS. 210 hours. Boat is nearly pristine with very good maintenance records….
    Just wondering if y’all can share any must-do’s and must-do-not’s, helpful upgrades, things to watch out for, etc. Thanks in advance!

I have basically the same set up in a 2018. The biggest surprise I got was thinking if i plug the livewell, kept the valves closed that I could use that area as a dry storage area. NOT. The livewell overflow tube is fairly large diameter. Launching the boat or coming off plane and stopping, the backwash WILL put a good bit of water back into the livewell. The best upgrade I did was add TrickSteps.

Trick Step Z18.jpg
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    I have basically the same set up in a 2018. The biggest surprise I got was thinking if i plug the livewell, kept the valves closed that I could use that area as a dry storage area. NOT. The livewell overflow tube is fairly large diameter. Launching the boat or coming off plane and stopping, the backwash WILL put a good bit of water back into the livewell. The best upgrade I did was add TrickSteps.

Trick Step Z18.jpg
    well in the plumbing section there are rubber plugs that will fit those holes, i keep my boats livewells dry except tournament day then simply wipe them dry when i get home. But alas if it rains there is nothing to stop water from going into the livewell like other hatches.

i changed my cooler lid foam to a "one time use cooler" that i folded over and made like four plys thick. Glued them all together and glued up. The metallic aluminum coolers hospitals throw away every day
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    I've got a 2019 Z18 with Merc 175. Love the boat but the weak link seems to be the trailer. Check the bunks, see if they are solid. Launch the boat and feel if any of the screws from underneath are coming through the wood. The screws were coming through on mine and made deep gouges in my hull. $1500 damage. Stock bunks are not pressure treated. Replaced mine with new pressure treated ones. Some guys use Gatorbacks or another wood alternative.

If its a dual wheel trailer, check the shackles that go to the springs. If any look elongated, replace them. Can get replacements at Tractor Supply or trailer parts store.

Check the screws that hold on the carpeted boards on the outboard fenders. Another culprit for backing out! If far enough may scratch hull when you load/unload.

Replace the cheap plastic, always cracking, wheel bearing covers with the aluminum ones. Cabelas or Bass Pro has them, just ask at service parts and they will know what you want.

Make sure you check every screw on the boat to make sure its tight. Like the ones that hold down the front panel, the passenger foot rest, where the shift lever is, the screws for the rub rail by the motor.
    They all seem to back out with waves and just going down the road.

Enjoy your boat!