St Croix Victory Cranking Rods?

Can someone tell me the differences between the 72MHM Power Target Cranker and the 72MHMF Cranker? I’m wanting to throw medium depth crankbaits on it. Like 5xd’s down to a dt10 or bandit 300.

2. Member
    The target cranker will be a little more stiffer than the power cranker. Both would throw a 5XD very well it really depends on how you like your cranking rods on the softer end or more on the stiffer end. But either one will do it.

3. Member
    Ended up getting the 72MHM. It’s my first crankbait rod that isn’t glass or composite so I was very surprised by how light and thin the blank is. At first glance, I thought there’s not way this thing could handle a 5xd but after playing around flexing it a bit, I think it might be up to the challenge. It should definitely be a good mid depth cranking rod up to a deep little N. Only time will tell.

I have the 7-2" mhm victory power target cranker and I love it for DT6/8 and wiggle warts. It handles DT10s fine too. I don't throw 5XDs but I think it would be on the light side for those baits. It seems to have a sweet spot between 3/8 and 1/2 ounce 6-10 foot deep diving baits.

I used to be a glass guy (old bps crankin sticks or wright and mcgill rick clunn rods) for crankbaits but using this rod makes me want more graphite cranking rods. The sensitivity is next level for crankbait fishing and I don't want more, I need them!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    I have the 7-2" mhm victory power target cranker and I love it for DT6/8 and wiggle warts. It handles DT10s fine too. I don't throw 5XDs but I think it would be on the light side for those baits. It seems to have a sweet spot between 3/8 and 1/2 ounce 6-10 foot deep diving baits.

I used to be a glass guy (old bps crankin sticks or wright and mcgill rick clunn rods) for crankbaits but using this rod makes me want more graphite cranking rods. The sensitivity is next level for crankbait fishing and I don't want more, I need them!
    I’ve got two of those turquoise Clunn rods, the 7’ MH lipless rod is my favorite cranking rod ever. I’ll be sad whenever it bites the dust.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post

I use my power target cranker for the same thing and you're spot on. 6-10 is very good, deeper than that is probably doable, but a little light. If you really like graphite cranking rods, than you're going to really REALLY like the new legend tournament bass rods with the iAct glass in them. Sensitive and light like graphite, but fish a little more like glass. I've got the 72HM rip in chatter and have used the finesse glass cranker and they are both excellent rods!