Trolling motor replacement

1993 206
    Upgrading to a newer motorguide tour. Anyone have any tips or tricks to get the old motor guide off?
    1993 Gambler 206

Will be much easier if you go ahead and cut the floor for a recessed pedal tray.
    Glowin' Thanks to Bluewater LEDs

3. Member
    Correct or find someone with skinny arms
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

4. Member
    I just cant bring myself to cut the floor, having it where it is doesn't bother me. I went ahead and got the MG trolling motor anchor kit they sell hopefully all goes well.
    1993 Gambler 206

5. Member
    You can get the lock nuts with a wrench taped to a dowel rod. I jacked my arms up bad trying to get them on without using some sort of contraption. What I did is I super glued the stainless lock nuts to the stainless washers and then put some of that paste thread sealant on the nut and stuck it in the wrench. Worked out really well and since the nut is super glued to the washer there is very little chance of it coming off and you losing it. I dont like those rubber TM mounts by the way.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BW544 View Post
    I just cant bring myself to cut the floor, having it where it is doesn't bother me. I went ahead and got the MG trolling motor anchor kit they sell hopefully all goes well.
    Not a great idea. Those are not very secure of a mounting for a T motor on a Gambler. Stuff one wave and it might be in the cockpit with you.