Another Air Venturi Update

This shows how I installed an exterior air supply to my Champs (202DCX) livewell. What's not shown are the exact pieces which included the faceplate, the tubing and the 1/8th barbed fitting which, in this case, was brass as it's easily obtainable. You'll find that you'll need to heat the tubing for it to accept the fittings and form a proper seal. In my case I simply drilled a 5/16th hole about 2" back from the pole seat which put it thru the plate on the underside and into a void of sorts where you'll have to direct your tubing towards the livewell you're working on. Note, when running the tubing, use plenty as you'll want to feed it through and out the lid so as to make a tight seal against the brass fitting which I cut off in between the 2nd and 3rd knurled tube. Once that's accomplished and you've forced the barbed fitting into the top of the discharge tube fitting with the venturi hold, pull the excess out leaving some excess though so as to make it easy to insert the faceplate on the deck. This works so good that you'll hear a sucking sound when the hydro wave portion of the livewell is on. Unfortunately I couldn't find a source for just the face plate, I had plenty of tubing but I went ahead and bought the kit from TH which included the tubing as well as the discharge head which isn't used. This takes no time at all to install, if you want to make it easier on yourself when routing the tubing through the deck simply drill your hole at the 3:00 oclock position instead of the 12, for aesthetics I chose to do the 12 oclock position. The barbed fitting was picked up at Menards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Nice. Thanks for sharing. I just have the extra tube coming out about 3” to keep it above the water level. I get extra air from the the seat post slot. Unfortunately my post won’t come out and I never have the seat on the post during tournaments. I’ve tried many things to remove it but it seems like it’s welded in there.
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Keep trying. Lots of posts here in BBC about getting posts out!

Got my seat post out with a 24" pipe wrench
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"