Thread: New Ultrex

New Ultrex

I like fishing brush piles but spent more time running the fortrex than fishing it seemed. Now with the ultrex I fish and almost forget about the trolling motor. Fishing in the wind is a breeze now
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

2. Member
    Nice post, I just may have to upgrade my trolling motor.

3. Moderator
    I upgraded this week from an old Maxxum to an Ultrex. I use spot lock on my offshore boat a lot so I was very familiar with it but first time on a bass boat. It is very nice especially fishing in the wind/current. I broke off and just hit the button to hold me while I retie. I will say the motor is louder than I was expecting. The benefits far outweigh that however.

4. Member
    I had my terrova spot locked last night for a long time while fishing a brush pile in white capping water. Yes it sure is nice not having to work your self to death trying to stay in position.

5. Member
    I just went from a 15-20 year old MG 6700 Pro to an Ultrex. One of the best things I ever did for fishing.
    I am a Crankbait junkie...I'm in a program...It ain't helping!

6. Member
    Considering the Ultrex Spot Lock too.

Recommendations on best place to purchase and price range of the new motor.

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by like2fish2 View Post
    Considering the Ultrex Spot Lock too.

Recommendations on best place to purchase and price range of the new motor.
    Bought mine from K&K Kustoms. He gives a BBC discount and has the best price. Free shipping and was at my door in 2 days.

https://www.kandkkustomz.com/

8. Member
    I had the steering sensor go out on my Ultrex and due to the down time to get it repaired I got a new Ghost because it was available and had the same mounting pattern. I'm liking the Ghost even better than the Ultrex partly because it has a much cleaner cable management setup and can be setup as a 24 volt or with the addition of another battery a 36 volt. I'll save the repaired Ultrex as a spare.