Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

819 Dual Graphs On Bow. How would you, or what have you done?

I've never had dual graphs before so here are some of the questions I have. If you know of anything to "make sure to do", or you have any suggestions for setup, I'd love to hear them. Pictures would be greatly appreciated if you have any. Thanks folks

Ultrex MDI
    Helix 10 MDI
    Garmin 126sv with Panoptics LVS34

1. Which unit would you put on top?
    2. Standing or sitting visibility issues with either configuration?
    3. Mount recommendation? I like the BBT Dual Stack but not digging the holes where the wires come through (BBT website pic below).
    4. Interference to any bow switches?
    5. Will there be a ball of wires from units to TM?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I have a dual stack by precision sonar. I like the 12" Carbon on top ( dedicated to AT) and the 9" on the bottom. I found it I tilt the 12" one notch more than the 9" it reduces the glare and I can see it better. I don't know if anyone else does this but it helps me.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I recently got a used HOE bracket and makes a big difference....its adjustable, puts unit up higher and front unit is not low to the trolling motor pedal.

Keep in mind, they are all great mounts and are solid but its only as strong as the bow shroud that its connected to......

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Not to hijack the post but did you do anything to reinforce the bow shroud? I have two units mounted on a BBT mount and added screws on the top. Considering adding screws at the bottom. But without taking everything off I'm not sure I would screw to fiberglass.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    Not to hijack the post but did you do anything to reinforce the bow shroud? I have two units mounted on a BBT mount and added screws on the top. Considering adding screws at the bottom. But without taking everything off I'm not sure I would screw to fiberglass.
    If you are asking me, no i have not done anything at this point.....i have a few thoughts in mind on reinforcements, but have not had a chance to look at it yet.

6. Member
    Picking up my new 819 today, I’ll be installing 2 12 inch units on an HOE dual adjustable mount, they also made me a custom 2 piece backing plate for the bow panel. It looks bullet proof. I’ll send pics once I get it installed
    2023 Phoenix 819 Pro
    2023 Mercury 200 ProXS

7. Member
    Thanks for the responses. Hopefully I'll be picking mine up in the next 30 days.

Drew, strength is a concern of mine as well. Not of the mounts themselves, but how much shaking and movement between the units and mounting plate. Could you add a picture of how you secured it?

8. Member
    I also used the precision sonar mount on the shroud with their backer plate on my 23 919. But I’ve only got 2 9s. 6 months in now with no regrets. Can’t say I’ve used the boat as a water bulldozer yet, but I’ve watched it in some chop and it’s not moving - the mount isn’t moving and the shroud isn’t flexing. The 9s are probably a good bit lighter than the larger units.
    8B56CAFA-0D12-482D-9C21-3EBF0170886A.jpeg

9. Member
    So after installing the HOE dual adjustable mount with their backing plate I can tell you that the weak point is the factory mounting screws for the bow shroud itself. The HOE mount is absolutely 100% bulletproof however I did need to add two more screws at the bottom of the shroud for it to be solid. I ended up replacing the factory 3 inch number 8 screws with 4 inch number 10 stainless screws instead. I left the factory screws at the corners of the bow shroud as they made no difference in strength.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2023 Phoenix 819 Pro
    2023 Mercury 200 ProXS

10. Scraps
    That’s the Mount I was going to get. The stock plate looks like Swiss cheese right now with all the holes from previous graphs. Wanna cover that up neatly.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    I don't have your specific graph configuration, BUT The WEAK LINK is the bow shroud attachment to the boat, NOT the mount to the bow shroud. I added backer plates and extra screws with washers, where possible to help spread the load and secure the shroud to the boat. I also added extra support from each side of the bottom of the mount to the boat.

All the mounts mentioned will be very solid and about the same price. I went with a BBT dual stack on top offset. 9 on top and 12 on bottom. I have a dual BBT on console as well.

There is no doubt an over the pedal mount thru bolted thru the floor would be the most secure, but my cover would not fit well with that option.

12. Scraps
    Yeah, was wondering if anyone ever had the bow or dash shroud pull free in rough water. Just held on by those screws around the perimeter of the shroud.
    2017 Phoenix 819

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I just put mine on so nothing yet but first time out I watched it the whole time.....I need to put a few extra screws in it and figure out something to hold it in place.

14. Member
    Here’s where I put the additional screws IMG_1024.jpeg
    Did one on the other side with the same spacing
    2023 Phoenix 819 Pro
    2023 Mercury 200 ProXS

15. Member
    This is great feedback and tips. Has me thinking, on the 819 would it be possible to run 2 pieces of 1/8" x 2" bar stock horizontally (top and bottom) behind the mounting plate, and make them long enough to overlap the edges of the opening? Predrill and tap the holes using the same factory hole pattern. My thinking is if any movement took place the force would also be on the deck too and not just the mounting plate.

Hope this description makes sense. It does in my head but that doesn't always translate well.

16. Member
    I went with a Straight Up mount over the pedal. I have a Helix 10 on top and a Garmin 1022 on the bottom. Been on the water several times with it, solid as a rock. And price wise he beat the mess out of most of them. https://www.str8upmounts.com/

DM3a.JPG
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

17. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingKY View Post
    This is great feedback and tips. Has me thinking, on the 819 would it be possible to run 2 pieces of 1/8" x 2" bar stock horizontally (top and bottom) behind the mounting plate, and make them long enough to overlap the edges of the opening? Predrill and tap the holes using the same factory hole pattern. My thinking is if any movement took place the force would also be on the deck too and not just the mounting plate.

Hope this description makes sense. It does in my head but that doesn't always translate well.
    This is what I was thinking could be done.
    2017 Phoenix 819

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingKY View Post

I believe that would be the perfect solution. I would love to have one.

19. Member
    I have precision sonar dual mount on my 919. I’ll post some pics this afternoon. I did a lot of searching before I purchased. This was what worked best in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Yeah, was wondering if anyone ever had the bow or dash shroud pull free in rough water. Just held on by those screws around the perimeter of the shroud.
    Pretty much everyone that mounts a graph to a bow shroud on lake Champlain that owns a Phoenix has it happen.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast