87 Ranger gel coat touch up

I have a 1987 Ranger that is completely restored with everything new. Bottom, sides and vertical surfaces inside boat have excellent gel coat. Problem is horizontal surface on top cap. I’m thinking about applying a new coat of gel coat. I have watched a lot of videos and they all say to sand the surface. Presently the surface is rough and I can feel the flake. If I sand it I’m afraid the surface will turn into a silver looking surface that I don’t want. Presently the flake color is no longer available at Ranger boats. What are my options? I’m thinking a light sanding then new clear gel coat. Is this possible. My temporary fix is that I bought clear wrap material and put that on the surface and it made the top coat shine but I would rather have new gel coat applied. Thanks for any suggestions.

Check out Pro Tec Products. Our Restoration Kit will help. Older Rangers have excellent gelcoat on them. Check the video out on our website. It's a great example of what can be accomplished. www.protecproducts.com

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM