Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I may expose the lake producing the largest Small Mouth in Pa.

Over the past month a few lucky anglers have been catching multiple small mouth between 7 and 8 pounds. My personal best was 8 pounds. My friends was 7.7 pounds. A popular you tuber and professional fisherman has also caught his personal best. Tomorrow I take another friend from Maryland to see if our luck continues. The lake is close to my home and electric only. No motor or gas tank permitted on boat. I will post a teaser of my buddies two large ones. Tomorrow I will post the You Tube videos. Then if we have a great day I will expose the lake---‐ well maybe.

imagejpeg_0.jpg
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

2. Member

3. Member

4. Member
    Nice Fish! Congrats!!

5. Member
    Ummm..

Those are some nice large mouths as well as smallies.

7. Member
    OK today we actually went for largemouth bass. We were chasing another 8 pounder but fell short. Here are some from today.

20230511_110935~2.jpg20230511_124223~2.jpg20230511_150557~2.jpg20230511_124206.jpg

8. Member
    Now I promised you a location. Well if you noticed my boat it is small. That means small lakes. I will narrow it some more. No gas tank or gas motor permitted on the boat. They are not state or federal lakes. They are located .........

Just trust me spend some time on the smaller public lakes. They are producing bigger bass and more bass per day than any large lake right now.

Want to learn how, well this guy gives you all the details you need. We studied his video. Knew the locations almost immediately. Then studied the background, noticing things such as a walking trail, logs etc. He even shows you the bait. We have caught more fish more consistently than he has by studying his vids. I mean you have to love these youtubers. This kid does all the hard work for you.

9. Member
    Some things are best kept to yourself !!!!

10. Member
    Do you know the "kid" in the video? He's a damn hammer. Had the opportunity to fish with him last year. He's got quite the resume.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04_triton View Post
    Do you know the "kid" in the video? He's a damn hammer. Had the opportunity to fish with him last year. He's got quite the resume.
    I have met him. He's a very nice person. I can only hope someday to fish as good as he does. But I do study his videos for more than just entertainment. I was just pointing out there is far more important details in the background. I use what I can see. Once again one of the better fishermen I know. He will continue to grow in this sport.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizgig View Post
    Some things are best kept to yourself !!!!
    Why? I'm not that concerned about my skills to not be able to catch fish where others can freely fish. What makes me really mad is people trying to tell me what not to do. I'm not that shallow or insecure person that I need to keep the world to myself. Besides I don't make the videos and they are seen by more people than my little thread. Funny people always want to tell people what they can do or not do. That just makes me mad.

13. Member
    where are the pics of the 7-8 pound smallies?

14. Member
    Normally I do not comment on stuff, but I watched your video. I think you should buy a scale. I know I wasn't there, but your weights look way off. The first one you say is over 4, the way you handled it. That fish is not 4. Your big one (was a nice fish) fish was way too short to be 8 pounds. Might be in the 5s but no where near what you state. Looks like a nice small water reservoir somewhere, enjoy it

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcuts9 View Post
    Normally I do not comment on stuff, but I watched your video. I think you should buy a scale. I know I wasn't there, but your weights look way off. The first one you say is over 4, the way you handled it. That fish is not 4. Your big one (was a nice fish) fish was way too short to be 8 pounds. Might be in the 5s but no where near what you state. Looks like a nice small water reservoir somewhere, enjoy it
    Nice fish but I have to agree. Definitely not in that 7-8lb range. Sometimes if you have a cheap Amazon scale it may be way off.

16. Member
    Yeah. I just make crap up. No hard feelings. What a month and what can I say I ended May extremely well.

17. Member
    So what lake is it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04_triton View Post
    So what lake is it.

Quemahoning reservoir if i had to guess

19. Member
    Think someone realizes something doesn’t add up. Just be honest about your weights.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Quemahoning reservoir if i had to guess
    I live in this area and fish these lakes all the time , it's definitely not quemahoning, these lakes simply don't produce 7 and 8 pound class smallmouth not even close !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast