Registration Stickers

I know there was a post on here a while back talking about stickers coming off running down the lake and couldn't believe it as hard as it is to get them off to put the new ones on. Well I got last year's off and it was still a pain in the butt. When I went to put the new ones on they were hard to get started off the paper they come on and luckily I caught it early but they were starting to come apart and leave little pieces of the void lettering on the paper. I found if I pulled very gently from the top and went slowly it did better but still left a few random bits of the void on the paper.

I can see them coming off after going through a few getting wet and drying cycles. Probably saved the state a couple of cents a sticker Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with theirs? And also warn others to be careful pulling the stickers off the paper.

2. Member
    Usually, by the end of the year, I am lucky if I still have one of them on the boat. And there have been years I've had to replace both mid-season and still not made it to the end of the year with them.

3. Member
    Replaced stickers mid season?
    Who covered that cost?

4. Member
    Mine blew off first trip out last year. Don't put them on if it's cold. Replacements were 25 bucks..

5. Member
    I’ve lost both of mine already this year. I peeled off the old one’s and even
    cleaned the area and they still came off. My launch permit has always stayed
    on.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rude150 View Post
    Replaced stickers mid season?
    Who covered that cost?
    I did. Just to keep the DNR away.

7. Member
    I really think the sticker quality has gone downhill the last several years. Noticed that mine were disappearing and I just assumed it was the waves on St Clair/Erie. I am really cleaning and prepping the area and they just keep coming off. CO accepted my explanation last time I was stopped (of course registration showed paid when he called it in).

8. Member
    Huh, got to lake and stbd side was missing. Saw it missing while prepping to launch and thought I must have forgotten to put them on. Grab paperwork from glove box and yep I put them on. I have never in my life had I had one not stay put. Guess I will have to pay clos attention this year

I just put my new ones on last week. They were a pain to get off the sheet. It exposed 20% of the void on both stickers.