Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

2. Member
    Rapala scissors 3.96 at wally world use them a year toss them and start over.

3. Member
    I have been using the Bubba snippets, so far they cut clean and come with a retractable lanyard.

4. Member
    Been using a pair of gander mountain aluminum pliers with the titanium cutters for about 12 years now and they still cut great. Bought replacement cutter parts incase it starts to get dull but hasn’t gotten to that point of need yet
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    The Pitbull brand will get dull if you cut a lot of mono fishing line with them. The mono gets in the little groves and dulls them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stringwise View Post
    These Cuda Micro Scissors go on sale all the time for $3. I haven't found anything better for the price. I have them at home, the shop and the boat and they last longer than you would expect for $3...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

These are on sale at Amazon right now for $3.84

7. Member
    I've had these since Jan 2022 and bought another pair to have in case these get lost. These will still cut braid clean without having to put any tension on it. Well worth the $22 bucks

https://a.co/d/ckn5yqs
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

8. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I picked up some Cuda's at walmart for like $3 been great so far at that price buy a few and keep them around the work bench the tackle box and boat...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

9. Member
    Bubba's

10. Member
    I buy the ones at walmart for less than 4 bucks. yah they get dull after a while but I am in there once a week so if I have to buy a pair every couple years so be it. They are just scissors for christsake. Even dull ones cut if you put tension on the line.

11. Member
    Bubba small scissors
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    I have been using the Bubba snippets, so far they cut clean and come with a retractable lanyard.
    The Bubba snippets and the Bubba scissors have been great so far.

13. Member
    My thought is any of them with the serrated blades on both sides, the serrations will help grab the fibers and make a cleaner cut as opposed to being able to slide on the edge. Just from what I have personally noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    That's good !
    I bought 3 pair of them about two years ago.. One pair has already been sent to the local landfill and another pair is getting close.
    They are as good as I've ever used but they do wear out. Like stated earlier-- they do well much longer on larger braid but soon start leaving a partial strand on small braid.
    These are the best I've ever tried. Like stated, they do wear out. Mine lasted a couple years but they were very well used . PS don't use them to cut anything else but fishing line. I just bought a couple more pairs.

15. Member
    I’ve had great service out a pair of Berkley Braid Cutters. They still cut well even on braid with no tension on it.

16. Member
    I just use a small kobalt utility knife. Change the blades when they get dull. Problem solved.

17. Member
    Cuda L braid shears here. Going on 4 years of heavy use and still cut loose braid with ease. Cuts flouro and mono without issue as well, no dulling from them either. Pretty much everyone I know switched over to them. Hear the pit bulls are nice as well.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

18. Member
    Bubbas works for me

19. Member
    They all get dull quickly if you cut anything besides braid and your rub them against the hook eye when you cut. I carry a regular pair of all purpose scissors for cutting off knots and removing braid from the hook eye. I also have a pair of braid knot tag end scissors that I only use to cut the tag end from a freshly tied knot. My Champion console tool holder holds four tools, so it's no big deal having two pairs of scissors for different purposes. I've had expensive and cheap braid scissors and the cheap ones last quite a while when you don't cut anything other than the tag ends of knots.

I’ll do like I’ve done the past 30 yrs with braid and the many years prior with mono. A good sharp pocket knife.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast