Cara dragger 2 vs Dobyns 804c c rig rod

Hi guys,
    Anyone have any experience with both these rods for a c rig? I like Falcon caras, have several of the US made models. Looking to get a longer rod for 1oz weight and to get some more casting distance. My ALX zolo dragger has a hard time with a 1 oz weight. Looking at the new cara dragger 2 vs the Dobyns 804c Carolina rigging special. Falcon cara is 7.5’ vs the 8’ Dobyns. Looking for input on sensitivity and overall performance. Thanks!

2. Member
    I like US made Falcons too. I don't have experience with either rod you mentioned but since you brought up ALX, it might be worth checking out the Brawler. I think it makes a great C Rig rod and would handle 1 oz no problem. I do own and like the Brawler very much. Sorry to not be much help on your specific question but just wanted to offer another alternative.

3. Member
    I have not paid attention to the new Cara lineup so I had to go look since you were asking about a longer rod, didn't know the new Dragger II was 7'6" (according to TW). I have the US Cara in Lizard Dragger I and II both are 7'. Obviously can't help you here but man those are two of my favorite rods that I have especially the Lizard Dragger I. Just a shot in the dark I'd probably go with the Dobyns, even though I have never owned one I have hardly ever seen any negative about them on here same with ALX.

4. Member
    Love my Carolina riggin special.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    Thanks guys. I actually found a place that had both in stock. The falcon felt sweet, was well balanced and lighter. The dobyns felt good too, just a little heavier. Dobyns handle was about 1/2” longer. Since I want it for 1 oz and to get more casting distance, I went with the dobyns. If I don’t like it I’ll go back and get the falcon. Shouldn’t be hard to sell it. The alx brawler could have been an option. I have a powerbolt which is 7-11” but it was just too mushy for me as a C-rig rod. Thanks for the input!