Army Base Name Changes

Fort Hood Is now Fort Cavazos.

Ft. Bragg will be renamed Fort Liberty on June 2.

2018 Nitro Z18
    175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

It is Fort Bragg, it has always been Fort Bragg, it will always be Fort Bragg...even when it becomes the installation formerly known as Fort Bragg.

Spending millions to change the names when we have recruitment and retention issues, criminal and ethical issues, money spent on social engineering programs eclipsing money needed for training is the equivalent of spending money to fix the hood ornament when your engine is seized up, the transmission is broken and the tires are all flat. Makes it looks different but doesn't address the serious problems.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    Maybe in another 622 days we can stop all this F …… nonsense.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by f16 1ub View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    It is Fort Bragg, it has always been Fort Bragg, it will always be Fort Bragg...even when it becomes the installation formerly known as Fort Bragg.

Spending millions to change the names when we have recruitment and retention issues, criminal and ethical issues, money spent on social engineering programs eclipsing money needed for training is the equivalent of spending money to fix the hood ornament when your engine is seized up, the transmission is broken and the tires are all flat. Makes it looks different but doesn't address the serious problems.
    100% agree!

6. Member
    Naw, they are just getting rid of the old Confederate Generals to be PC now. Alot of bases in the South were named after many Confederate Generals/Heroes, just wonder when they will changed Ft Lee and Ft Stewart?

7. Member
    Bases slated for renaming:

• Fort Benning, Georgia — Fort Moore, after Army Lt. Gen. Hal Moore and his wife, Julia Compton Moore. Hal Moore received the Distinguished Service Cross for heroism in the Vietnam War. Julia Moore was an advocate for military families.
    • Fort Bragg, North Carolina — Fort Liberty.
    • Fort Gordon, Georgia — Fort Eisenhower, after President Dwight D. Eisenhower, who was also a five-star Army general and served as the Supreme Allied Commander of forces in Europe during World War II.
    • Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia — Fort Walker after Dr. Mary Edwards Walker, the first female surgeon in the Civil War, and the only woman awarded the Medal of Honor.
    • Fort Hood, Texas — Fort Cavazos, after Army Gen. Richard E. Cavazos, who received the Distinguished Service Cross for heroism in the Vietnam War.
    • Fort Lee, Virginia — Fort Gregg-Adams, after Lt. Gen. Arthur Gregg and Lt. Col. Charity Adams. Gregg was a key figure in the integration of black soldiers into the Army. Adams was one of the highest-ranking female soldiers in World War II.
    • Fort Pickett, Virginia — Fort Barfoot, after Army Tech Sgt. Van T. Barfoot, who received the Medal of Honor for his actions with the 45th Infantry Division during World War II in Italy in 1944.
    • Fort Polk, Louisiana — Fort Johnson, after Army Sgt. William Henry Johnson, who received the Medal of Honor posthumously for action in the Argonne Forest of France during World War I.
    • Fort Rucker, Alabama — Fort Novosel, after Army Chief Warrant Officer 4 Michael J. Novosel, an aviator who received the Medal of Honor for a medevac mission under fire in Vietnam where he saved 29 soldiers.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

8. Member

100% agree! I have no idea when this process was started but I'd bet it was since January of 2020, but I could be wrong.
    The pettiness reminds me of the humans who stumbled upon the pyramids in Egypt and began re-naming and claiming everything which entailed scratching their names into every rock. History repeating itself and unfortunately Veterans are so far removed from the process we have no say. History also being erased because a few simpleminded people are too in their feelings to be of any use to America as a whole.
    Just don't forget when it's time to attempt to vote in the future.

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Well said!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

10. Member
    They should have named Ft Hood after Medal of Honor recipient, SF Master Sergeant Roy Benavidez. He is also native Texan.

11. Member
    I was born in Fort Benning Georgia. Now I'm from nowhere.

12. Moderator
    Spent a lot of time at Benning, sad to see things change that do not need changing. I all about making things better but this is asinine.
    I’ve always said I’d like to go back and visit one day but I’m sure all those towers have been replaced and wouldn’t look the same. Might just leave it in my memories like I remember

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by f16 1ub View Post

Correction … 567 days remaining

14. Member
    Not a fan of the changes. Will the insanity ever end?

15. Member
    When will the name United States of America be changed, it's far from united even now.