Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Actually it’s a late model automobile thing. Newer trucks and cars use the abs system for traction control, stability control, and sway control when towing. Rear pads take a beating because of this.
    This^^^^. Let's see 99550 on my 09 before it needed brakes. My 2012 had its first set at 90k and it was ready at 175k for its second before a kid totalled it. My 20 now has 70k on it and the ford dealer is trying to get me to do rears[new service adviser] I told him they will go 100k. Judging by what is left. All my trucks do alot of towing and heavy quite a bit. So no IMHO they last way longer than the GM fronts do. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Actually it’s a late model automobile thing. Newer trucks and cars use the abs system for traction control, stability control, and sway control when towing. Rear pads take a beating because of this.
    Must be---as the last 3 GM's I've owned had the abs system-- but I normally sell one and get a new one before 100K miles and have not needed brake pads on any of the three.
    Even though I pull the boat and a light utility trailer I"m easy on the brakes ---Unlike a lot of drivers.

3. Member
    2016 f250 6.2 gas tow rv about a dozen times a year and boat a bit more than that and replaced brake pads front and rear at 80k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12