Lightbulb 190 TX | 115 ProXS - Tuning for Improved Handling and Speed

I've had my Tracker for a couple of weeks and have a desire to tweak the performance of it. I've done a bit of homework and am starting off with a small 4" jackplate for ease of adjusting the motor height.

Open to any and all input for dialing this thing in!

2020 Tracker 190 TX
    Garmin Force - 5 batteries (36v, starting, electronics lithium)
    Stock Prop Depth: 7.6"
    Current Prop: Powertech 3-blade, 13.25"x21P
    Current Max Speed: 46.9mph, 5,700rpm (6,300 max rated rpm)

2. Member
    The Spitfire x7 gets a lot of good reviews on that hull. Jackplate is going to make a night and day difference with handling.

3. Member
    What jackplate are you thinking of getting?
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    The Spitfire x7 gets a lot of good reviews on that hull. Jackplate is going to make a night and day difference with handling.
    I've seen that one mentioned as well. There's a Turning Point prop that has my attention as well, similar specs, 1/2 the price.

Quote Originally Posted by jamokebob View Post
    What jackplate are you thinking of getting?
    This one arrived today, going to crack it open and look it over.

https://amzn.to/44MP529

5. Member
    That's the same plate I have on mine. I was skeptical at first as it was so cheap but once I got hands on I realized it's an exact copy of the one that came stock on my skeeter.

6. Member
    You're giving up 600rpm with a 21. I have a 20" Laser and a 19" Spitfire X7 at hole #3. 5700 for Laser and 5500 for X7. Now, I have an Opti ProXS, but our gears are the same at 2.07. I wasted a bunch of money and time with a JP for 2mph and VERY squirrely handling. The X7 will be stellar on that hull.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

7. Member
    Question.. are we talking about X7 4 blade?

4" Jackplate is on, it picked up about 1mph at the lowest setting but handles much better (+1.5"). I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to cavitate at the +1.5", was able to hit the upper trim limit without a problem so I'll keep inching the motor up. I bumped it up 0.5" and we'll try it again next time out.

I'm eyeballing a Turning Point Hustler 4-blade to try, but I want to see what the limit of the 21P 3-blade is first.
    Last edited by goodman_fishing; 05-13-2023 at 06:18 PM.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

9. Member
    That pro XS needs to turn 6000-6300 RPM to get the best performance out of it. Don't waste any time or money with aluminum props either, you need a stainless. I would go with a 19" pitch Power Tech PTR3.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    That pro XS needs to turn 6000-6300 RPM to get the best performance out of it. Don't waste any time or money with aluminum props either, you need a stainless. I would go with a 19" pitch Power Tech PTR3.
    SS from more of a durability or performance aspect?
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodman_fishing View Post
    SS from more of a durability or performance aspect?
    Both, mainly performance, your giving up a lot with an aluminum prop.