Tracker trailstar trailer hubs

I am looking to pick up a pair of hubs for my trailer for traveling. The ones on there now are tie down engineering. With part #46210. I can not find them. Anybody know which hubs to buy? Boat and trailer is a 2017 190.
    Thanks!

2. Member
    Do you want spare bare hubs?

Or loaded hubs.

Either way you have a 3500lb axle so the hubs you want will have these bearings and seal specs.

Front race: L44610
    Front bearing: L44649
    Rear race: L8111
    Rear bearing: L68149
    Rear seal: 171255UC
    5x4.5 bolt pattern

Instead I would recommend the Vortex Hub, part number 81013, it's a direct replacement.

Replace the stock plastic screw in cap on the Vortex with an aluminum Threaded Vortex cap off of Amazon, make sure your wear sleeve has absolutely no wear marks, if so replace it, that is part number 17293 Tie Down engineering Wear Sleeve 1-3/8" X 1-1/16 Spindles.

If you go with the Vortex on both sides you and use the aluminum cap you won't have to do much maintenance for a few years besides removing the cap a couple times a year to check for water intrusion, and running a finger behind the rear Grease seal to check for leaks.
    Last edited by DTI0384; 05-08-2023 at 12:07 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTI0384 View Post
    Do you want spare bare hubs?

Or loaded hubs.

Either way you have a 3500lb axle so the hubs you want will have these bearings and seal specs.

Front race: L44610
    Front bearing: L44649
    Rear race: L8111
    Rear bearing: L68149
    Rear seal: 171255UC
    I am looking for the compete hub. Ready to go if I have a emergency on the side of the road. Thanks for the help.

4. Member
    The ready to go hubs all have Inferior Rear seals, not like the triple lip seal I listed which is what the factory one has.

5. Member
    The ready to go hubs all have Inferior Rear seals, not like the triple lip seal I listed which is what the factory one has.
    Going to get the vortex hubs and rebuild mine for emergencys. Is there a difference in tie down engineering and Dexter vortex hubs?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    I am looking for the compete hub. Ready to go if I have a emergency on the side of the road. Thanks for the help.
    I forgot to mention you're looking for a 1750lb hub with the specs I mentioned, which goes with a 3500lb axle

7. Member
    Going to get the vortex hubs and rebuild mine for emergencys. Is there a difference in tie down engineering and Dexter vortex hubs?
    Dexter bought out Tie Down, it doesn't matter which one as long as you stay with that part number, but go with the aluminum Threaded caps you can get off of Amazon, and tighten them down by hand as tight as you can, then another 1/4 turn with a rubber strap wrench, don't go over that.

You also do not want your wear sleeves looking anything like the attached image, if so replace it, most rebuilds that fail are because they didn't replace the wear sleeve your rear seal rides on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DTI0384; 05-08-2023 at 12:29 PM.

8. Member
    Dexter bought out Tie Down, it doesn't matter which one as long as you stay with that part number, but go with the aluminum Threaded caps you can get off of Amazon, and tighten them down by hand as tight as you can, then another 1/4 turn with a rubber strap wrench, don't go over that.

You also do not want your wear sleeves looking anything like the attached image, if so replace it, most rebuilds that fail are because they didn't replace the wear sleeve your rear seal rides on.
    I ordered two of these https://www.easternmarine.com/tiedow...-hub-kit-81013 and the caps from Amazon. Went ahead and ordered the new sleeves to. Thanks alot for the help.

9. Member
    No problem, I'm glad I could help.

10. Member
    I ordered two of these https://www.easternmarine.com/tiedow...-hub-kit-81013 and the caps from Amazon. Went ahead and ordered the new sleeves to. Thanks alot for the help.
    Would this be the same for a 2012?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    Would this be the same for a 2012?
    Check your hub number on the back and post it.
    Last edited by DTI0384; 05-15-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Does this look right? Looks like replacement hubs are about 2x, but you get the ability to have a set of spares.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 6.36.29 AM copy.png
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodman_fishing View Post
    Does this look right? Looks like replacement hubs are about 2x, but you get the ability to have a set of spares.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 6.36.29 AM copy.png
    What exactly are you asking?

14. Member
    Sent you a pm to see how these worked out