2014 SHO with 760 hours

Hello, I am looking at a 2104 skeeter with a 250 SHO the boat is clean and runs fun. The motor has 760 hours on it. Should this be of any concern? How many hours is considered high for. a 4 stroke Yamaha?

2. Member
    Has the powerhead been replaced? Get the Vin no. and call Yamaha.

3. Member
    Guy says, never been rebuilt, new lower unit 4 years ago. I will get the vin

4. Member
    Ask for service records.

5. Member
    I think 2014 was after the Yamaha powerhead replacements, I might be wrong so get the vin number and check. I'd say 760 hours is a lot for a bass boat engine, most don't see that many hours. On the other hand the saltwater guys seem to put a lot of hours on their motors. The saltwater guys make longer runs while us bass guys run a few miles, stop and fish, crank up and repeat a bunch of times in a day. The bass engines see a lot more start, heat up, stop, cool down cycles than the typical salt water application. On top of that a lot of bass guys have the mentality of crank it and let it rip only to shut it down and shock cool it. I'm a big believer in let the engine warm up and come off plane and let it idle and cool down before shut down. I also don't run everywhere at WOT, I like to cruise in the 4000 to 4500 rpm range with an occasional WOT short run to keep the carbon cleared out. That combined with regular service and the use of ethanol free fuel with fuel additives (I think they work to keep the fuel system clean and carbon under control) stacks the deck in our favor as much as possible. Good Luck!