Millers Marine Ocala

Looking to buy a new Phoenix this year and saw they were a dealer. Just wanting to know of any personal dealings with them. Online reviews were all over the place.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I would look elsewhere as of right now the dealership is going through a lot of changes (ownership, new boat brands, etc.). I grew up in Ocala when Millers was still owned by Jeff Miller and it was a good dealership but I dont think it is what it once was, especially now that they're main sale isnt bass boats. Ive heard good things about Toho Marine and believe they sell Phoenix and would be heck of a lot closer for you Hogzilla.

3. Member
    Toho Marine

4. Member
    Thanks guys

5. Member
    I work at Miller’s. Jeff Miller hired me in fact a couple years before the family sold the business last year. The new owners have been great to work with. They are from the Harley world. Miller’s was their first marine dealership, they quickly grew to a total of 3 by acquiring 2 other marine dealerships, one in Georgia and one in Alabama. They have plans for more marine dealerships in the Southeast US as well.

As for bass boats since this is BBC. Bass boats have not been the highest selling or most profitable boat type Miller’s has carried for 20 years or more. We have sold many more center consoles and pontoons. We were a long tenured Triton boat dealer, that changed right around the start of COVID when we dropped Triton and went to Caymas. We were a Caymas bass boat dealer, but not saltwater. Caymas wanted all their eggs in one basket so to speak and moved their bass boats from Miller’s to Caymas’s busiest saltwater dealer in the country, who has 3 store fronts in Florida. One of those store fronts is about a 10 minute drive from Miller’s. From a business standpoint it is/was a smart move on Caymas’s part. This happened midway thru 2022.

In August of 2022 Miller’s Marine became a Phoenix and Bass Cat dealer. So far so good. We are extremely happy to be part of the Phoenix and Bass Cat family of dealerships. I can say first hand that both brands are customer service driven. So far year to date between both brands we have far out sold our last few years of Triton and Caymas when it comes to units for the year. Most of the sales this year have been special orders, which is great.

Now for the current dealership management. As of last month Brandon Phillips was named Miller’s Marine General Manager. Most people do not know this, but Brandon is part of the original Miller’s family that owned Miller’s Boating Center. He has been at Miller’s since he could walk. Lol. I was the assistant sales manager up until last week. I was the bass boat “sales guy” I am now the service manager, but I am very involved in bass boats, so if you have any Phoenix or Bass Cat questions give us a call. We would be glad to help. We look forward to growing sales in both brands. They are awesome bass boats.

Stay tuned because we’re looking to add more boat brands in the upcoming months. In fact, we just became a Monterey boat dealer and took delivery of our first Monterey boat last month.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 05-09-2023 at 02:44 PM.
    Brad Krone

6. Member
    Sounds like a conglomerate now with hands in multiple industries.
    very few mom and pop dealerships anymore

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    I work at Miller’s. Jeff Miller hired me in fact a couple years before the family sold the business last year. The new owners have been great to work with. They are from the Harley world. Miller’s was their first marine dealership, they quickly grew to a total of 3 by acquiring 2 other marine dealerships, one in Georgia and one in Alabama. They have plans for more marine dealerships in the Southeast US as well.

As for bass boats since this is BBC. Bass boats have not been the highest selling or most profitable boat type Miller’s has carried for 20 years or more. We have sold many more center consoles and pontoons. We were a long tenured Triton boat dealer, that changed right around the start of COVID when we dropped Triton and went to Caymas. We were a Caymas bass boat dealer, but not saltwater. Caymas wanted all their eggs in one basket so to speak and moved their bass boats from Miller’s to Caymas’s busiest saltwater dealer in the country, who has 3 store fronts in Florida. One of those store fronts is about a 10 minute drive from Miller’s. From a business standpoint it is/was a smart move on Caymas’s part. This happened midway thru 2022.

In August of 2022 Miller’s Marine became a Phoenix and Bass Cat dealer. So far so good. We are extremely happy to be part of the Phoenix and Bass Cat family of dealerships. I can say first hand that both brands are customer service driven. So far year to date between both brands we have far out sold our last few years of Triton and Caymas when it comes to units for the year. Most of the sales this year have been special orders, which is great.

Now for the current dealership management. As of last month Brandon Phillips was named Miller’s Marine General Manager. Most people do not know this, but Brandon is part of the original Miller’s family that owned Miller’s Boating Center. He has been at Miller’s since he could walk. Lol. I was the assistant sales manager up until last week. I was the bass boat “sales guy” I am now the service manager, but I am very involved in bass boats, so if you have any Phoenix or Bass Cat questions give us a call. We would be glad to help. We look forward to growing sales in both brands. They are awesome bass boats.
    Stay tuned because we’re looking to add more boat brands in the upcoming months. In fact, we just became a Monterey boat dealer and took delivery of our first Monterey boat last month.
    Thanks Brad for your input. Most of the negative reviews were about service work, boats not getting rigged when they came in and people not following through on things. I'll be ordering a boat and wont be buying one off the lot. I will be in touch when I'm ready for pricing. Thanks again.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    I work at Miller’s.
    Looks like a new BBC discount program in the making.
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!