Thread: Weight of rig

Weight of rig

Would anyone know what a 97 intimidater with a 200 efi and a single axle trailer would weigh. I want to weigh for wet foam.?
    Mike Clemons-Lake Butler, Fla..
    97 Gambler Intimidater / 200 EFI Merc

2. Member
    No one is jumping in here with some definitive first-hand information, so I'll share what info I have. First, the bad news... The normal variation in the weight of each boat directly from the factory may very well may be larger than what is typically absorbed into the foam through a few unsealed screw holes or small hull breaches. Boats will often vary by up to 100 lbs depending on who built them and that's equivalent to roughly 12 gallons of water "in the foam". That would be a LOT of water to find in a 19 foot hull assuming it was properly foamed to start with. Regardless, I hope the "approximate" numbers I'm about to throw out are at least close enough to help you narrow things down. Everything I could dig up puts the 19' Intimidators at around 1550 dry hull weight. If we assume that includes the wiring harness, pumps, seats, etc. Now add 670 lbs for the outboard, prop and jackplate and that bumps it up to 2,220 lbs. The single axle steel trailer should be somewhere in the ballpark of 950 lbs, which puts your total boat+trailer weight at roughly 3170 lbs. without batteries, chargers, graphs/mounts, trolling motor, power poles, etc. etc.
    - Heath

3. Member
    Thanks
    Mike Clemons-Lake Butler, Fla..
    97 Gambler Intimidater / 200 EFI Merc

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatrboy52 View Post
    Thanks
    Yup. No problem buddy.
    - Heath